Technology & Data
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams to Work in HarmonyContent Marketing for Midsized Companies: Whom to Target, What to CreateAtri Chatterjee of Act-On Software on the New Generation of MarketersMarketing Automation: What It Is and Why You Need to Know
- Social Tools
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
B2B Pinterest Social Media Marketing: 40 Ideas to Get You Started
Posted on March 15th 2013
Are you interested in using Pinterest as a part of your social media marketing strategy? Fifteen percent of Internet users are on Pinterest, making it almost as popular as Twitter, with 16% of internet users. The visually driven social network is known for driving referral traffic. As of September 2012, it was the fourth largest traffic driver worldwide. Before you start pinning, we recommend evaluating what your Pinterest strategy goals are. Once you know where you’re going, it’s time to start pinning. This is not the time to reach a dead-end. You’ve decided your goals and you’re ready for action. Here are some ideas to fuel your Pinterest blast off. Ready, set, pin (images of):
1. Your employees
2. Your clients
3. Your clients’ brands
4. Your clients’ products or service
5. Videos introducing your employees
What You Do
6. Your products
7. Your products in action
8. Your work
9. Your work process (think stages or before and afters)
10. Videos of your product or service in action
11. A photo from a positive review of your product or service
12. Graphics from your latest blog post
13. News articles featuring your product or service
14. How-to videos for your product
15. Interesting graphs from your sales presentations or marketing materials
16. Helpful diagrams and images from your sales presentations or marketing materials
17. Anything valuable in image form from sales presentations or marketing material
18. Industry events
19. A visualization of the current state of the industry
20. Interesting statistics relevant to your industry (in a graphic format)
21. A blog post from an expert in your industry
22. Videos explaining industry trends
23. Videos of the latest industry news
24. Videos of the latest industry events
25. Your workplace
26. The office summer party
27. The office Christmas party
28. Office birthday celebrations
29. Any office celebration or amusing happening
30. The office pet (think Ziggy)
31. What inspires you in the office (art or other pieces of motivation)
32. A video tour of your office
33. A helpful checklist
34. Helpful infographics
35. Books you are currently reading
36. Books you plan on reading
37. Tools you use that are helpful in doing your job
38. Others' work you admire
39. Powerful quotes from thought leaders
40. A podcast from an industry expert
What do you think are the most powerful images for B2B marketers to share on Pinterest?