Content Discovery Smackdown: Hootsuite vs. Buffer vs. KloutContent Marketing Minds: Ingredients of the Tastiest Content [Nutrition Label]From the Corn Field to the Digital Era: Content Marketing Starts with TrustContent Marketing: Is 2014 Really Shaping Up to Be the Year of Video?
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the Platform7 Website Tips to Attract More Shoppers to Your PagesHow eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
- Content Marketing
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
B2B Pinterest Social Media Marketing: 40 Ideas to Get You Started
Posted on March 15th 2013
Are you interested in using Pinterest as a part of your social media marketing strategy? Fifteen percent of Internet users are on Pinterest, making it almost as popular as Twitter, with 16% of internet users. The visually driven social network is known for driving referral traffic. As of September 2012, it was the fourth largest traffic driver worldwide. Before you start pinning, we recommend evaluating what your Pinterest strategy goals are. Once you know where you’re going, it’s time to start pinning. This is not the time to reach a dead-end. You’ve decided your goals and you’re ready for action. Here are some ideas to fuel your Pinterest blast off. Ready, set, pin (images of):
1. Your employees
2. Your clients
3. Your clients’ brands
4. Your clients’ products or service
5. Videos introducing your employees
What You Do
6. Your products
7. Your products in action
8. Your work
9. Your work process (think stages or before and afters)
10. Videos of your product or service in action
11. A photo from a positive review of your product or service
12. Graphics from your latest blog post
13. News articles featuring your product or service
14. How-to videos for your product
15. Interesting graphs from your sales presentations or marketing materials
16. Helpful diagrams and images from your sales presentations or marketing materials
17. Anything valuable in image form from sales presentations or marketing material
18. Industry events
19. A visualization of the current state of the industry
20. Interesting statistics relevant to your industry (in a graphic format)
21. A blog post from an expert in your industry
22. Videos explaining industry trends
23. Videos of the latest industry news
24. Videos of the latest industry events
25. Your workplace
26. The office summer party
27. The office Christmas party
28. Office birthday celebrations
29. Any office celebration or amusing happening
30. The office pet (think Ziggy)
31. What inspires you in the office (art or other pieces of motivation)
32. A video tour of your office
33. A helpful checklist
34. Helpful infographics
35. Books you are currently reading
36. Books you plan on reading
37. Tools you use that are helpful in doing your job
38. Others' work you admire
39. Powerful quotes from thought leaders
40. A podcast from an industry expert
What do you think are the most powerful images for B2B marketers to share on Pinterest?