- Content Marketing
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the PlatformRise of Social Media in Ecommerce [INFOGRAPHIC]How eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Patient Opinion Leaders Are the New Healthcare InfluencersFive Online Community Types: Which One Does Yours Fit Into?Digital Communities: 5 Ways to Determine PurposeCelebrate Your Social Media Successes, but Don't Forget that Community Trust is the Key
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Content Marketing: The Challenge To Stay Relevant
Posted on October 3rd 2012
People scour the internet for information, entertainment, deals, news; the list just goes on. This is the reason why most businesses in the world, if not all, now integrate this strategy into their marketing mix; to keep their potential and existing customers informed, to stay in touch and communicate their value. But little do we realize that not all of us may have the requisite talent and skill to do editorial work. What we of course know are the very businesses we are in. But, what if communication isn’t one of them?
Hire outside talent!
Well, that may be the most prudent decision to make. But unless the entrep himself believes it should figure in his priority list, it may just be an added cost in his expense sheet.
Here are 5 tips any serious business person must take to stay relevant:
- Define your Value Proposition; communicate it - revisit the reason why you are in business, the challenge/s that you solve, and the people you make happy with your existence. Come up with a very clear value proposition and let your target audience know about it.
- Decide on your Media Mix – the communication channels you use to deliver your message (value proposition). These may include public relations, social media, sales promotion, direct marketing; all these should deliver a cohesive message that will work to communicate your value.
- Create Targeted Content – the content you create should match the preference of the specific market segment you approach. A sports junkie may be interested to know how your new product/service will help improve his keeping fit and health needs. So try to offer information that will communicate a match between what your product can offer and how it can solve his current needs.
- Analyze Delivery and Response Rate; adjust content accordingly – be in the know of how your audience consumes your content; who reads it against those who don’t; who follows and shares it with friends, against those who continuously ignore it. This way, you will learn further and be able to determine what your prospects and potential customers need, as well as their buying behavior.
- Build your database and stay in touch – as soon as you keep track of people who consume your content and express intent to continue receiving information from you, it may be sensible to start capturing contacts you may be able to pitch your products or solutions to.
Staying in touch with your target market may be easy, but staying relevant isn’t. It involves a carefully planned approach that would not only require strong knowledge of the business and the market space you’re in, but as well, the talent required to communicating your value more efficiently against those competitors who may be armed with an arsenal of communication means you don’t enjoy.
EpiComm, Inc. is a marketing communications agency set up to help you communicate your value across your target audience beyond traditional media. We are composed of Marketing Communication professionals whose collective knowledge of the B2B and B2C markets span more than 25 years of practice in businesses engaged in retail, IT solution sales, food & beverage, and communication services.
If you have any existing or upcoming requirements, please message us ASAP and we would be more than glad to discuss with you further.