Twitter's Controversial Algorithm Changes: What They Mean for Your BusinessTwitter Vs. Facebook: Which One Is Better for Promoting Your Brand?3 Free Twitter Tools PR Pros Can't Live WithoutSocially Stephanie: Social Media for the Automotive Industry
- Content Marketing
When Your Customers Become Your Contributors: Brand Journalism Meets TraditionalToo Many Advertisers Are Talking, Not Enough Are ListeningEmotion Drives Behavior: 3 Brands Getting It RightNative Advertising: The New New Thing or a Race to the Bottom? [VIDEO]
Technology & Data
Data and Creativity at the Social Shake Up: Defining Your Data-Driven Social CampaignTalking Strategy and Data with Shannon Lee of Precision StrategiesNew IBM Study Reveals 3 Key Characteristics of the Most Successful CompaniesMinority Report: Confronting Privacy Issues in Big Data Gathering
- Tech & Innovation
- marketing automation
- Social Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Recap from the First-Ever Employee Advocacy SummitFormer IBM Senior Advisors Launch Brands Rising to Build Employee Advocacy ProgramsPerformance and Risk Management Through Social Media TrainingEmployee Advocacy Summit: Advocate Stories from the Field
- Customer Service
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Double Your Facebook Likes in 10 Minutes a Day [INFOGRAPHIC]
Posted on February 25th 2014
How do I get more likes for my Facebook page?
This is a common refrain among brands looking to grow their Facebook presence. They know they should be in the space but they’re not sure whether it’s worth devoting the amount of time and energy required to grow their Facebook audience. For them, the potential for return on investment (ROI) is murky at best and not easily quantifiable.
The psychology of social media sharing
A New York Times study found that:
- 49% of social media users share content that allows them to inform others about things they care about and have the potential to change opinions or encourage action.
- 68% of social media users share content so they can give their friends a better sense of who they are and what they care about.
- 84% of social media users share content that allows them to support causes they care about.
The art and science of Facebook marketing can seem mysterious and daunting, and likes in and of themselves are not a magic bullet for increasing sales. But growing an audience of people who are interested in your products and offering them targeted, useful content on a regular basis should lead to improved Facebook Page engagement. Here are a few daily activities that can make a huge difference in the number of fans drawn to your page and how they engage and interact with your content. [Via]
7 ways to increase your Facebook likes in a few minutes a day
1. Make Facebook connections
- Connect with Facebook admins who serve a similar demographic and develop a cross-promotion strategy.
- Use Facebook’ native functionality to invite your email subscribers to like your page by providing incentives for them to do so. Facebook also has an email feature that enables you to engage those who don’t respond to your invitation and further entice them to connect.
2. Share content on your Facebook page
- Share original content and compelling photos that are audience-appropriate to improve engagement.
- Post frequently about newsworthy stories that are relevant to your readers.
3. Be active on Facebook
- Comment on other pages where your target audience is already having conversations.
- Share and tag your business page from your personal Facebook account.
- If you host live events, post lots of photos and encourage your fans to tag themselves.
- Offer your fans discounts or specials.
4. Link your Facebook page to Twitter
- Link your Facebook page to your Twitter account so your Facebook posts will be automatically tweeted in 140 characters or less.
- Remember that Twitter is completely different from Facebook and requires a different form of management.
5. Host a Facebook contest
- Facebook contest apps are an inexpensive and easy way to have fun with promoting your products.
- Most apps can be configured to require contestants to like your page before entering the contest.
- The most popular prize categories for Facebook contests are travel, entertainment, music, technology, and fashion gifts.
6. Use Facebook advertising to your best advantage
- Facebook’s targeting feature allows you to choose the demographic you want to reach.
- Sponsored stories enable you to advertise your business’s page to friends of those who already like your page.
- Upload your email subscriber list and include members in your advertising campaigns.
- Split-test your ads because conversion rates can drop by 50% after the first 24 hours.
7. Promote your Facebook page online and offline
- Display a sign in your store window encouraging customers to like your page.
- Add links or info on your Facebook page to your other types of advertising.
- Include your Facebook page address on all promotional materials, including your business cards.
- Use your Facebook page info in all of your marketing materials — brochures, posters, media kits, collateral, and other promotional items.
- Mention your Facebook page to people you meet and encourage them to like it.
These tips should go a long way toward growing your Facebook fan base!