Since it's inception from February 2004, Facebook has quite amazingly managed itself to become the second best gift the web could give to the human race - after Google. In such a time when social media and inbound marketing are increasingly important assets for businesses to get found by their potential buyers, as well as engage with them through the web; it's high time you start taking Facebook seriously. If you can't see through the flexes of this "Super Power", you are certainly missing on something!
In the simplest of terms, "Facebook is a tool for connecting people around them (to their known as well as to their unknown zone to some extend). Having said that, this philosophy is now working amazingly for B2C and B2B scenarios as well. This is why any business – big or small – should consider advertising on Facebook – it's as straight and simple as that now!
For that matter, one needs to know how to start and where to start from. Answering to the call of the hour, Seo Image endeavors into taking the step forward by helping the peers to setup & grow their business on Facebook. Let's start...
1. Creating your page:
- Sign up and login on Facebook - www.facebook.com
- Create a page while logged in as your profile - www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
- Choose from one of the following six classifications (Helps your business become more visible on Facebook's Graph Search)
- Local business or place
- Artist, band, or public figure
- Company, organization, or institution
- Brand or product
- Cause of community
2. Complete your basic information:
- Upload photos
- Recommended "Profile Photo" size is 180x180 which will shrink to 125x125.
- Cover photo exact dimensions are 851x315. Uploading a horizontal photo is recommended that will best fit the area.
- About section
- This small blurb will serve as the main 2-3 sentence description for your company. It will be on your main page, so make it descriptive but succinct.
3. Customize/complete your profile:
- Add your basic yet important information (Making it very descriptive and keyword-rich is recommended. Make sure to link to your website is in this field. You can also add other websites that you want to direct people to such as Twitter or other social sites by clicking on the Add Another Site link.
- Like your own page.
- Do not invite your email contacts yet (It is recommended NOT to invite your email contacts until your page is not fully updated with required info. Create your own email message instead and send it directly from whatever email service you use.)
- Facebook then will prompt you share your first status message. It is recommended to have many status updates on your timeline before you start inviting people to like your Page so they can see the types of things you are going to be sharing.
4. Taking a step ahead:
- Add more info (Edit Page → Update Info) to your About page (It is recommended to include more on your About page. Highlight all of the good things about your company and list the websites where people can find you. Have a map on your About page with the address of your business.)
- Review your permission (Edit Page → Manage Permissions) Make sure you monitor and watch for messages and monitor how your fans are interacting about your page/business.
Remember, your Facebook page's primary aim should be to get a dedicated and loyal fan base; not online sales. While you are reading this post, there are 500 million active users wandering through various Facebook pages, and the number is growing steadily. Facebook is serious, which makes it the third most trafficked website in the world (behind Google and Yahoo) and the most trafficked social media site in the world. It's about time you take it seriously!