Technology & Data
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams to Work in HarmonyContent Marketing for Midsized Companies: Whom to Target, What to CreateAtri Chatterjee of Act-On Software on the New Generation of MarketersMarketing Automation: What It Is and Why You Need to Know
- Social Tools
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Gender on Instagram [INFOGRAPHIC]
Posted on January 15th 2014
Did you know about that in some countries there are more women Instagram users than men? Nitrogram: Analytics on Instagram made an Infographic with data about gender on Instagram.
Here are some of its findings:
Gender and Countries
- South-East Asia and Russia show a strong adoption by women. Thailand is the most women-dominated country with 65% of women
- Instagram is a man’s world in the Middle East and India. Saudi Arabia has 85% men!
- There are more men among top accounts (59% of Instagram users with over 10k followers are men)
- ...but A-Listers are more equally split: 54% men vs 46% women among accounts with over 1 Million followers
Which audience for Instagram’s top brands?
- Top brands are followed by slightly more women than men (53% of top brands’ followers are women)
- Top brands with the “manliest” audience: Energy drinks and sports
- Top brands with the “most girly” audience: Cosmetics and fashion