Sep 6 Posted 3 years ago
I agree with your points. Matter of fact I typically side with companies like Google and say "good for you" for building an empire.
There is a fine line between extreme success and a monopoly. Is Google a monopoly? Maybe, maybe not.
Just as a single example. The boom of travel sites, ie. travelocity, orbitz, etc. Think of how they put travel agents out of buiness. Now enter Google offering direct purchase flights from thier search queries. Exit Travelocity and Orbitz.
Call it evolution i suppose.
Problem is Google is in practically everything. Search for movie times...no need to click fandango, now you can buy you tickets straight from Google.
Kind of scary really.
Sep 5 Posted 3 years ago
Here is what I think:
1. Google is a HUGE company now. They have grown over the past decade. WHY? Because they provided the kind of value that no one else did.
2. They hire some of the best minds in this world.
3. They still create products that are better than anyone else out there.
4. Poeple want to use the best products and they are willing to pay for it. What is wrong in that?
5. This is called Competition.
6. If someone doesn't like it - no one is stopping them from exiting the game.
Webinars On Demand
January 25, 2017While we’ve had access to the Internet since the early 1990s, we’ve only started to experience the full effects of its disruption on public rela...
December 07, 2016It's finally happened, social media has grown up and sold out. And it's awesome. For digital marketers, the maturing advertising options on soci...
Video is expected to account for three-quarters of all mobile traffic by 2020. But, creating powerful, effective video requires a significa...
Marketers are constantly seeking to engage with their buyers and drive actions that help buyers move rapidly through their customer lifecycl...