Sep 6 Posted 2 years ago
I agree with your points. Matter of fact I typically side with companies like Google and say "good for you" for building an empire.
There is a fine line between extreme success and a monopoly. Is Google a monopoly? Maybe, maybe not.
Just as a single example. The boom of travel sites, ie. travelocity, orbitz, etc. Think of how they put travel agents out of buiness. Now enter Google offering direct purchase flights from thier search queries. Exit Travelocity and Orbitz.
Call it evolution i suppose.
Problem is Google is in practically everything. Search for movie times...no need to click fandango, now you can buy you tickets straight from Google.
Kind of scary really.
Sep 5 Posted 2 years ago
Here is what I think:
1. Google is a HUGE company now. They have grown over the past decade. WHY? Because they provided the kind of value that no one else did.
2. They hire some of the best minds in this world.
3. They still create products that are better than anyone else out there.
4. Poeple want to use the best products and they are willing to pay for it. What is wrong in that?
5. This is called Competition.
6. If someone doesn't like it - no one is stopping them from exiting the game.
January 12, 2016An exclusive, live webinar from Social Media Today January 12th at 12pm EST / 9am PST Description coming soon.
December 15, 2015An exclusive, live webinar on December 15th at 12pm ET/9am PT It’s easy to let the holiday season bog your organization down in the influx of...
September 08, 2015Find out how today’s top marketers are using social display to build brand love and grow business. Download “The Pursuit of Social Persuasi...
September 03, 2015The Social Customer Service Index 2015Measuring Use and Effectiveness of Social Media Tools for Customer Service An exclusive whitepaper bro...