Sep 6 Posted 1 year ago
I agree with your points. Matter of fact I typically side with companies like Google and say "good for you" for building an empire.
There is a fine line between extreme success and a monopoly. Is Google a monopoly? Maybe, maybe not.
Just as a single example. The boom of travel sites, ie. travelocity, orbitz, etc. Think of how they put travel agents out of buiness. Now enter Google offering direct purchase flights from thier search queries. Exit Travelocity and Orbitz.
Call it evolution i suppose.
Problem is Google is in practically everything. Search for movie times...no need to click fandango, now you can buy you tickets straight from Google.
Kind of scary really.
Sep 5 Posted 1 year ago
Here is what I think:
1. Google is a HUGE company now. They have grown over the past decade. WHY? Because they provided the kind of value that no one else did.
2. They hire some of the best minds in this world.
3. They still create products that are better than anyone else out there.
4. Poeple want to use the best products and they are willing to pay for it. What is wrong in that?
5. This is called Competition.
6. If someone doesn't like it - no one is stopping them from exiting the game.
November 24, 2015An exclusive, live webinar on November 24th at 12pm ET/9am PT Description coming soon.
November 17, 2015An exclusive, live webinar from Social Media Today on Tuesday, November 17th at 12pm ET/9am PT. Description coming soon.
September 03, 2015The Social Customer Service Index 2015Measuring Use and Effectiveness of Social Media Tools for Customer Service An exclusive whitepaper bro...
September 02, 2015Word-of-mouth marketing has always been a powerful driver of consumer behavior. Every experienced marketer knows that customers are mo...