Content Discovery Smackdown: Hootsuite vs. Buffer vs. KloutContent Marketing Minds: Ingredients of the Tastiest Content [Nutrition Label]From the Corn Field to the Digital Era: Content Marketing Starts with TrustContent Marketing: Is 2014 Really Shaping Up to Be the Year of Video?
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the Platform7 Website Tips to Attract More Shoppers to Your PagesHow eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
- Content Marketing
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Healthcare Social Media Week in Review: January 7, 2013
Posted on January 8th 2013
Happy 2013! It’s always nice to settle back in after shaking off the haze of the holidays. 2012 saw some wonderful things unfold in the healthcare social media community. The Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, WA performed a cochlear implant procedure and documented the entire process with Instagram and Twitter. The Healthcare Hashtag project that Symplur has been curating continues to grow and thrive, while providing an extremely valuable resource for the healthcare community. Through the use of social media, doctors, patients, office managers, and students are changing the way healthcare communities are built, doctor/patient interactions occur, and healthcare information is distributed. In this week’s Healthcare Social Media Week in Review we’ll highlight five articles that have made a splash during the first week of 2013.
- If you’ve ever watched a newsworthy event unfold via Twitter, it’s pretty stunning. Just like wildfire, hashtags are born and information is distributed. The Wax Communications blog put together and interesting piece that discusses how the 2012 flu season was predicted almost six weeks prior to the CDC catching wind of it. Social Media Now Tracks Flu Faster Than The CDC
- As social media becomes adopted by more and more people, states are taking a stand against what employers can and can’t require from employees. Christina Thielst poses some very thought provoking questions about state laws and social media. Social Media Laws- Really?
- According to researchers at John Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, one in four doctors contribute to new information via social media. This is just one of the interesting statistics identified in an article from HealthDay News. Docs Often Use Social Media on the Job: Survey
- Rachael Seda of CRT/tanaka put together a very intriguing article for Waxing UnLyrical that discusses key components of transforming doctor/patient communication via social media. Seda does a great job describing the current obstacles and the opportunities that social media present for doctors and patients. Social Media: The Key to Transforming Doctor-Patient Communication
- The last article in this week’s Social Media Week in Review is an infographic that takes a look at how the healthcare community is engaging via Twitter. The infographic does a great job breaking down influential tweeters, most followed medical companies, and more. Infographic- Healthcare
One of the most exciting things about the start of a new year is continuing to build on a very strong healthcare social media foundation. There are a great group of very dedicated community members that help to enrich patient communities, offer wonderful insight to new healthcare trends, relay expert knowledge in a vast amount of specialties, and help to make the healthcare social media community one of the strongest around. Here’s to an engaging and enriching New Year in healthcare social media.