Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Is long tail SEO, really SEO?? Many experts are still divided over it.
The way I see it, you cannot ignore the power of long tail SEO. Your content strategy needs to have a focus on the future too and that is where targeting the right set of keywords for long tail SEO will help.
Few months back, Eric Enge explained the Long Tail Content for SEO quite nicely and showed us the difference between the old school of thought and the current process. A key message he shared is ‘create user centric content’.
Exploring the topic further, I came across this nice infographic that shares with us the hidden values of long tail SEO. You might want to ask, what spurred me to think about this topic? Well again, it was one blog post, this one by Neil Patel sharing the importance of long tail SEO in increasing sales.
1. Long tail keywords bring about 70% of the traffic
2. Ranking potential of Long tail keywords is higher
3. Pages optimized for long tail keyword moves about 11 places higher than the ones optimized using head keywords
4. CTR increases for specific keywords
5. Add variety of content with long tail keyword
6. Be consistent in sharing content, use editorial calendar
7. Ensure content is shared across multiple social channels
1. Share your views about Long Tail SEO, are they really important?
2. Are they good source of traffic?