Technology & Data
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams to Work in HarmonyContent Marketing for Midsized Companies: Whom to Target, What to CreateAtri Chatterjee of Act-On Software on the New Generation of MarketersMarketing Automation: What It Is and Why You Need to Know
- Social Tools
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Six Essential Tips for a Successful Mobile Strategy for Hotels [INFOGRAPHIC]
Posted on February 26th 2014
The hospitality industry has witnessed a huge surge in mobile activity over the past 12 months, growing at a faster rate than most other industries.
With a 43% increase in hotel related searches*, it is crucial that all hotels have a mobile strategy in place to ensure they maximise the potential of the mobile platform. Dublin-based Net Affinity, who have been at the forefront of mobile technology for the hospitality industry, have released a no-nonsense infographic outlining 6 essential tips for a successful mobile strategy. (*Google Insights into Hotel Vertical In Irelands- Q4, 2013)
Here are the SIX Essential Tips for a Successful Mobile Strategy
1. Have a Mobile Website
A mobile website is no longer a luxury, it’s a necessity.
- In the past 12 months, hotels have witnessed an average of 46% mobile traffic growth
- 1 in 3 visits are from a mobile device
2. Create Mobile Specific Rateplans
Mobile Bookings are poised to grow exponentially over the next few years and with this comes a need to have mobile specific rateplans.
- It is predicted that by 2015, 20% off all hotel bookings will be made via mobile devices. *
3. Upload Quality Images
You must ensure you have a range of high quality images loaded to your mobile web app/ responsive design.
- Image Galleries receive the 2nd highest interaction on a mobile device. *
4. Develop a Mobile Marketing strategy
With exponential growth in mobile traffic and bookings, consider having a mobile marketing strategy to be found via paid and organic search results.
- Google Search Mobile queries grew by 46% in 2013, with 43% of all hotel search queries now made via a mobile device.*
5. Hold availability for last minute mobile bookings
Mobile bookings lead time is getting shorter; to grow your mobile revenue, try holding some last room availability where possible.
- Currently 31% of Mobile Hotel bookings are made for a stay within a 72hr period.*
6. Go Social with Mobile
2015 is the year to leverage Social media via mobile, Ensure you are encouraging social media interaction via your mobile website
- Mobile Monthly Active Users on Facebook increased by over 45% YOY to 874m.
- Mobile Monthly Active Users on Twitter increased by over 37% YOY to 184m