Content Discovery Smackdown: Hootsuite vs. Buffer vs. KloutContent Marketing Minds: Ingredients of the Tastiest Content [Nutrition Label]From the Corn Field to the Digital Era: Content Marketing Starts with TrustContent Marketing: Is 2014 Really Shaping Up to Be the Year of Video?
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the Platform7 Website Tips to Attract More Shoppers to Your PagesHow eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
- Content Marketing
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Top 10 People To Add To Your Google+ Circles
Posted on February 16th 2012
The Internet is an ongoing conservation full of ideas, news and tools. The conversations is always happening and now Google+ is a way to participate in the dialogue of exchanging ideas.
For social media marketers, it’s important to tune into the leaders in your field.
Below is our list of the top 10 “influencers” on Goole+ in SEO and social media.
1. Matt Cutts - 166,544 have Matt in circles: Head of the webspam team at Google. "If you type your name into Google and get porn back, it's his fault."
2. Rand Fishkin - 33,701 have Rand in circles: CEO and founder of SEOmoz. He tweets primarily on inbound marketing, SEO, startups and entrepreneurship.
3. Danny Sullivan - 626,948 have Danny in circles: Editor of SearchEngineLand.com. He covers Google, SEO, PPC and all aspects of search engines and search marketing.
5. Mari Smith - 55,503 have Mari in circles: Passionate social media leader, Facebook marketing and relationship marketing speaker and author.
6. Michael Q Todd - 7,001 have Michael Q. in circles: CEO of NPO Index on Empire Ave. He is a Twitter strategist and author.
7. Stefan Keuchel - 19,566 have Stefan in circles: PR Manager Google Germany. He is a Twitter and online strategist.
8. David Jacobs - 4,377 have David in circles: Software Engineer. He is a programmer and social network specialist.
9. Jaana Nyström - 29,487 have Jaana in circles: Content curator, social media writer, consultant.
10. Natalie Villalobos - 125,562 have Natalie in circles: Community Manager for Google+. She started +Handmade, a community for makers, crafters, tinkerers, and foodies.
We hope you embrace this list and participate in online conversations with Google+. Let us know what other heavyweights we have left out of the social media influencer list!