The Worst Content Marketing Is What Everybody Else Is Doing: How to Get Ahead and Stay ThereContent Marketing Minds: Ingredients of the Tastiest Content [Nutrition Label]From the Corn Field to the Digital Era: Content Marketing Starts with TrustContent Marketing: Is 2014 Really Shaping Up to Be the Year of Video?
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the PlatformRise of Social Media in Ecommerce [INFOGRAPHIC]How eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
- Content Marketing
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
The Undeniably Helpful Nature of Business Reputation Managers
Posted on October 14th 2013
Unless you love sitting back with a big tub of buttered popcorn as your once growing business simply crumbles overnight, it's time to handle your business, and reputation, before it manhandles you. Entrepreneurs like yourself need trusted wingmen to accurately run businesses while you, the CEO, are out pitching new ventures or investments. With their undeniably helpful nature, online business managers may just be an entrepreneur's answer to productivity panic attacks.
Keeping up with your customer's perception may not seem difficult when you're a major brand; business managers will tell their sales staff to 'front' their business as something special when, in essence, profitability is the only modus operandi of interest.
We delve into how online business and relationship management fuels entrepreneurship in today's seemingly disorganized society where doing business alone is commonplace.
The internet age we live in has led to a distinct shift in the structure of productivity software, SaaS and other website strategies. In the past, it had been focused on word of mouth and there were very few people in "expert" positions; I can assure you, this has changed dramatically. One diatribe that hasn’t changed, unfortunately, is what systems are being used to purport positivity, accuracy, and that elusive ‘P’ word – productivity.
In a move that underlines just how damaging your most recent entrepreneurial recession was to local economies, your entire business systems, once considered a ‘model’ for other businesses to follow, could well on its way to financial, and emotional, bankruptcy without having some systematic approach to what software, development, marketing, advertising and organizational methods need to be used. If you’re reading this, you’re probably there already.
Take a moment to think about your best and brightest young workers, and even your current modus operandi. Now take a moment to remember the old adage, “You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone”. You’re probably wondering just how soon your entire dream will be gone, or if anyone could possible keep the denizens of bad workers away from your establishment. Without having control of business systems, you’ll never really have control.
Facts Don’t Lie
Here’s some factoids to digest before we present the great news about your situation:
- Many businesses are launched, but unfortunately, almost as many end up failing. One of the biggest reasons why a company doesn’t succeed is because it can’t get inside the heads of its potential customers, or keep their coworkers in syncopation with each of your growing needs.
- As a business, online review sites help provide your business with insights into what your customers are thinking and also help increase your overall awareness. Because this feedback holds high value to your company, it’s important that you listen to them.
- An entrepreneur’s current situation, as mentioned in the beginning, only worsens unless some level of professional intervention is welcomed to help subside the rigors of daily depression.
- Since you call the shots, you’re ultimately responsible for your current lackluster performance, as much as that fact kills you to digest. You lack entrepreneurial empowerment.
The ‘A-Ha’ Moment
Finally, you’ve hit rock bottom and recognize your only potential reprieve will probably come from outside help. Recognition of problems doesn’t solve them, however, and having somebody willing to handle your stresses takes one heck of an individual, company, or team effort. If you lack an updated SOP, or Standard Operating Procedure, imagine having that entire manual built into one human being’s mind. Combine that with great communication skills and HTML acumen, and you probably have some dream that should’ve come true years ago in your business. With an online business manager, you can have this.
Much like Jarvis Construction, who provides disaster relief to those ravaged by storms, business management is an integral part of their operation. As other companies like this tend to forego management for profit, Jarvis balances construction management with disaster relief.
Solopreneurs, particularly home-based business owners, face unique challenges in today’s global marketplace. To help alleviate the usually daunting process of defining and obtaining their goals, it is a smart idea to include a variety of principles, concepts and lifestyle models to help increase the chances of being fulfilled in one's personal and professional lives. Calling in the support of a professional online business manager can be a great way to manage multiple life facets in an emotionally sustainable way without egregious costs.
Primary Functions of OBM’s
Many different OBM’s have established their functionality over time, very few have established anything they wouldn’t do for clients, yet all have one common thread:
- Accounting is a big part of any business and it is important you pay enough attention to getting an accounting firm to work for you. There are a lot of examples of what could go wrong if you don’t research accounting firms enough and you don’t want to add your story to the Wall of Shame, then an online business manager could handle finances.
- Project management knows many suitors, yet few have mastered exactly what PM entails. Online business managers have an uncanny knack for doing small, medium or large-scale projects while solopreneurs or large business groups handle other primary business functions outside their walls. Also, an OBM’s job is to design, plan and manage all different kinds of external business projects while keeping to a set time schedule and set budget.
- Employee retention means putting employees wants before one’s proprietary interests. Being a boss is not only about the bottom line; you also have to manage the people that are doing the work. Keeping morale high is a good way to ensure that productivity and efficiency remain at high levels, and it takes mind boggling effort on your part to keep that morale at a high level, the reasons a professional OBM will step forward. Offering incentives for hard work by letting your employees relax once in a while, remembering them during the holidays through parties, gifts, and also taking an interest in their lives are all ways to keep the morale high. Elevated morale equals elevated profits.
- Online development means everything about your website, including the marketing plans and HTML brevity, must be perfect for visitors to feel compelled to act when they arrive. Should you have little time to devote towards site development, or lack the immense costs developers often charge, an experienced OBM could handle these seemingly daunting tasks for you.
Today, it takes qualified professionals to help qualified professionals. Online business management could prevent you, the entrepreneur, from vexing your own promising enterprise.
OBM's are headstrong in their process of taking away stress, doing so by handling all business functions which normally took your time, misdirected energy and doled out an unnecessary physical beating. Anything that you’d normally do with your days, an online business manager can handle without causing you any undue hardships. Remember, depression is much more common amongst solopreneurs than others since pressure mounts much quicker.