Technology & Data
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams to Work in HarmonyContent Marketing for Midsized Companies: Whom to Target, What to CreateAtri Chatterjee of Act-On Software on the New Generation of MarketersMarketing Automation: What It Is and Why You Need to Know
- Social Tools
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Use Pinterest Web Analytics to Jumpstart Your Social Media Marketing
Posted on April 29th 2013
Pinterest Web Analytics gives site owners insights into how people are interacting with pins that originate from their websites.
With more than 48 million users, Pinterest is one of the most popular social networks on the Web. Rather than telling people about your products, Pinterest makes it possible to show what you have to offer. Companies are increasingly using the platform to reach new audiences, increase visits to their websites, and generate leads and sales — and it’s working.
As I noted in a previous post, Pinterest users spend more money, shop more frequently, and purchase items more often and in larger quantities than users on any other social network. Women are about five times as likely to use the site as men. Unlike other social bookmarking sites, content shared on Pinterest is driven entirely by visuals — it’s impossible share something on Pinterest unless an image is involved. You can reach millions of people if your pinned content — a picture or video — goes viral. If your business relies on driving website traffic, you should create a company presence on the site.
Follow these steps to get going with Pinterest for Business
1. Set up a business account
- If you’re new to Pinterest, visit this page to join Pinterest as a business.
- If you already have a personal account, convert it to a business account.
2. Verify your website
- Go to your profile and click on the pencil in the bottom-right corner of the name box.
Don’t see the pencil? Go to the menu in the upper right corner, select Settings, and go to the step below.
- Enter your Web address in the Website field, then click ‘Verify Website’.
- Follow the instructions on the next page. You can verify with an HTML file or a META tag.
3. Once your website has been verified, you’ll see a checkmark next to it and will have access to your Web analytics when you’re logged in.
4. Switch to Pinterest’s new look by clicking ‘Switch to the New Look’ in the top-right menu under your name.
Begin using Pinterest Analytics
To get to your analytics, click ‘Analytics’ in the top-right menu under your name.
Track your pinning activity
Find out how many people are pinning from your website, seeing your pins, and clicking your content. Pick a time frame to see how your numbers trend.
Learn what pinners like
Find out which pins get the most repins, who pins them, and what else people pin alongside them. Use this info to tailor your website and Pinterest boards.
Pinterest Analytics walk-through video
This video delivers easy-to-understand information about:
- What Pinterest Analytics is
- How to verify your website
- How to access the tool
- How to read and use the analytics graphs
- How to download a file with your data for more information
- How to understand what people like from your site