- I'd like to contribute content to your site. How do I do this?
- My post did not appear on the site. What happened?
- Why was my post title changed?
- How are articles chosen?
- What is your comment moderation policy?
- Do you accept press releases?
- Can I sponsor or advertise on this site?
- Do you do link exchanges?
- How do I delete my post(s)?
- How do I delete my account?
I'd like to contribute content to your site. How do I do this?
My post did not appear on the site. What happened?
Posts are submitted via RSS feed or composed directly on the site. All content you see on the site has been approved by a content moderator.
That said, it's a good idea to see if we're receiving your content before reaching out to our content moderators directly.
- If you added a feed, check to see if that feed is in the system
- Now see if you have any published or unpublished posts in the system
- If there are only unpublished posts showing, do you have an avatar uploaded? Is your feed providing the full version of each post?
If your feed is showing, you have unpublished posts in the system, and you have both a full feed and an avatar uploaded then your content may not meet the needs of our community.
Why was my post title changed?
With the exception of minor spelling and grammar corrections, site moderators do not make editorial changes to blog posts without first consulting with our writers. We do reserve the right to change headlines in order to make our stories more visible to search engines. We make our best effort to notify writers in advance about proposed headline changes.
How are articles chosen?
Here's what we look for in publishable material:
- Posts that deal directly with our specific subject matter (see the list of subjects we publish on)
- Articles that help "frame the issues" providing community members with an overview that adds value and puts conversations into perspective.
- Information that appeals to a broad range of people.
- Articles that are written in clear, journalistic style.
- On-topic content that excludes obscenities, marketing content, or blatant self-promotion.
Do you accept press releases?
We don't typically re-publish press releases on our site. That said, please see our steps on how to add content to the site and what we look for in publishable material for guidelines on what is likely to be published.
Can I sponsor or advertise on this site?
Interested in reaching our audience of social media leaders and marketing executives? Email us at email@example.com and a member of our team will be in touch to better understand what you're trying to accomplish.
Do you do link exchanges?
We do not do straight across link exchanges. We do, however, offer advertising opportunities on our sites and newsletters. For more information, please contact our sales team.
I'd like to delete my post(s)
There are two types of posts that you might be seeing in our system: published posts created by anyone and unpublished posts created by you.
Published posts came to use via RSS or were posted directly on the site. These posts were approved by our content moderator and become part of our link structure. We do not typically take down published posts unless we determine that they should not have been published in the first place or are based on completely incorrect information.
Unpublished posts also came to us via RSS or were posted on the site but were not approved for publication (why not?). These posts can only be seen by the author of the post and the administrators of the site. We don't delete these posts because they are not available to the public.
If you have a published post that must be taken down, please contact our support department to complete this task.
I'd like to delete my account
Please contact our support department to delete your user profile from the system. To discontinue site newsletters, please click the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the latest email.