An award winning digital thinker, author, television & radio commentator, public speaker and educator, Chris Dessi is the CEO and Founder of Silverback Social. Silverback is the world's leading social media agency, enables top brands and advertisers, to connect with more than a billion customers through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google, Youtube, and more.
Throughout his career in London and New York, Chris has worked with a wide array of businesses ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies, as well as notable personalities, products and brands.
Chris' savvy marketing acumen combined with his passion for psychology, sociology and cultural studies, all reside at the fulcrum of his unique manifesto; he believes that social media is much more of a spiritual awakening rather than a technological one. This revolutionary perspective has propelled his personality into the national media landscape. In addition to being a regular social media expert contributor on Fox Business' Shappard Smith Show, CNBC, Fox Evening News, Good Day New York, WPIX, and Fox Business' Varney & Co., Chris has appeared on Inside Edition, The Steve Adubato Show, One to One, and has participated in radio segments on WOR's The John Gambling Show in Manhattan, and WBAL's Marybeth Marsden show in Baltimore.
Chris applied his fresh and innovative outlook on social media to the pages of his first book, "Your World is Exploding: How Social Media is Changing Everything and How You Need to Change With It," which shot to #1 on Amazon's Hot New Releases in its first two weeks of publication.
As an educator, Chris recognizes that the manner in which we, as a culture, aggregate and disseminate information has changed, and he is devoted to sharing his effective techniques for mastering engagement in social media to the world. Chris has lectured on social media to sales executives of Fortune 200 companies and he consistently travels the country coaching college students how to leverage social media to benefit their personal brand message and their career.
In 2012, Chris was selected by the Business Council of Westchester's 40 Under 40 for exemplifying leadership, foresight and a vision for the future of Westchester County, where he currently resides with his wife and two daughters.
Consistent with the passion he holds for his professional career is the devotion he has to his family. Having never been a runner, Chris trained to run the New York City Marathon last year to raise money for the ALS Association after his father was diagnosed with the disease. When the Marathon was cancelled after Sandy hit, Chris took it upon himself to run his own 26.2 mile marathon route in Westchester to honor his father.
39 ARTICLES BY Chris Dessi
- Sept. 9, 2014 To All the Ice Bucket Copycats: Please Stop
- Aug. 1, 2014 Three Reasons Wall Street Got It Wrong with Twitter Stock
- June 3, 2014 The Anatomy of a Viral Facebook Post
- June 2, 2014 How MasterCard Generates ROI Through Social Media
- May 11, 2014 #BringBackOurGirls Has Changed the Way Mainstream Media Works
- April 13, 2014 3 Reasons LinkedIn Endorsements Suck
- Nov. 8, 2013 3 Reasons I'm Bullish on the Twitter IPO
- Oct. 22, 2013 A Confession: I Bought 50,000 Twitter Followers
- Dec. 22, 2012 College Students: Four Easy Steps to Clean Up Your Facebook Page Before the Big Interview
- Oct. 31, 2012 President Barack Obama will win the Election, Here's why:
- Oct. 31, 2012 Social Media is Dead.
- Oct. 5, 2012 5 Steps to Super Charge Your Facebook Fan Engagement
- Oct. 3, 2012 Warning: Facebook's Promoted Posts Fall Flat
- Sept. 27, 2012 The Future of Social Media is You
- Sept. 5, 2012 I'm a Social Media Expert. No, You Can't Pick My Brain
- Aug. 23, 2012 Naked Prince Harry, Rich Kids of Instagram ... Are We the Real Big Brother?
- Aug. 20, 2012 Mark Zuckerberg Must Step Down as CEO of Facebook
- Aug. 6, 2012 Why Hootsuite's New AutoSchedule is a Game Changer
- July 26, 2012 How the Social Media Tidal Wave Has Crashed.
- July 23, 2012 In Response: Cathryn Sloane's Social Media Article
- June 1, 2012 Social Media is Appropriate for Every Business ...Period.
- May 15, 2012 Three Reasons Why Happy Brands Win in Social Media
- May 10, 2012 Three Reasons Why Happy Brands Win in Social Media
- April 28, 2012 The Secret to Customer Service in Social Media
- April 6, 2012 The Power of Reputation: The Brian Solis Effect