I'm Edward Boches, Professor of the Practice of Advertising at Boston University's College of Communications where I teach advertising creativity with an emphasis on emerging and digital media. I am also the part-time Chief Innovation Officer (formerly Chief Creative Officer and Chief Social Media Officer) at Mullen, an Ad Age A-List agency I've helped build and lead for nearly 30 years.
I consider it my job to constantly hack the system in an effort to inspire change and get people to embrace the new technologies, platforms and consumer behaviors necessary to create cool and relevant ideas for clients and users.
Oh yeah, I'm also a copywriter, dad, husband, road cyclist and a board member at Boulder Digital Works and also at Spring Partners, the people who invented the cool Springpad app.
31 ARTICLES BY Edward Boches
- Aug. 3, 2014 Orange is the New Black Gets Social with User Generated Images
- June 16, 2014 Apple's Advertising Problems May Not Be With Its Ad Agency
- June 7, 2014 Five Creative and Marketing Books that Stand the Test of Time
- June 6, 2014 Leaked NY Times Innovation Report Reveals What's Wrong With Ad Agencies
- June 2, 2014 Three Ways to Tell Stories with Data
- April 19, 2014 Can a Table Kill Creativity and Collaboration?
- March 24, 2014 Creativity Is the New Currency
- March 19, 2014 Lessons from IBM's Watson Powered Lunch Truck at SXSW
- March 15, 2014 Are You Paying More Attention to Your Privacy?
- March 13, 2014 Thoughts and Sound Bites from SXSW
- March 8, 2014 Sometimes There's an Actual Person Making the Products We Buy
- March 4, 2014 Has the Anti-Hero Come to Advertising's Rescue?
- March 1, 2014 A Brand Can Own Any Idea, but Can it Live Up to the Ideal?
- Feb. 26, 2014 Strategists and Creatives Have to Change Their Shape from T to Square
- Feb. 22, 2014 Has Twitter Been Reduced to Just Another Broadcast Platform?
- Feb. 18, 2014 Twilight of the Brand? Don't Bet on It
- Feb. 11, 2014 Creativity, Collaboration, and the Power of Silence, from Herbie Hancock
- Feb. 7, 2014 A Tale of Coca-Cola, Racism, Twitter and the Media
- Feb. 7, 2014 There was One New Idea (Not) on the Super Bowl [VIDEO]
- Jan. 29, 2014 Ideals Can No Longer Be Manufactured: What Does This Mean for Brands and Advertisers?
- Nov. 20, 2013 The Evolution of the Big Idea [SLIDESHARE]
- Oct. 26, 2013 The New Normal: Fast, Cheap, and Good
- Oct. 5, 2013 Courage, Creativity, Collaboration: How to Succeed in PR and Advertising
- July 17, 2013 Thoughts from a 3% Conference: Clients Need to Demand More Women
- June 12, 2013 The Best Creative Idea of the Year?