Why is everyone talking about visual marketing?
Are marketers buzzing about visual marketing as often as they are because it's new? Because the number one learning style is visual-based? Or because a major breakthrough has recently occurred in visual marketing?
No, no and no.
Visual marketing is a hot topic because it has, is, and always will be an important part of the marketing equation. Done well, it gives the stuff you publish stopping power. And no stopping power = no go with viewer engagement.
This episode of the Content Matters podcast is all about visual marketing. If you're taking it with headphones, close your eyes and visualize two guys named Andy and Barry speaking with great passion about the power of images.
Episode #4: Make Your Visual Marketing Matter
Andy and Barry discuss how visual marketing:
- Appeals to short attention spans, but increases engagement
- Is not optional
- Posterizes your big idea to communicate fast and effectively
- Can reflect "the real you" in the age of transparent communications
And with an emphasis on practical how-to advice we also get into:
- Tricks for avoiding cliché stock images
- Aspect ratios that work best across multiple channels
- Superimposing headlines to promote your content
- Creating quality visuals without expensive graphic designers
- Tools, tools and more tools you should try
- Creating a consistent style for your brand that becomes visually familiar
- Why posts with lots of images perform so well
- 3 ways Barry produces slide decks and infographics more affordably
In the cheese and mousetraps segment...
- Barry introduces "Visual AIDS" for: Attention, Interest, Desire, and Sharing
- Andy summarizes 3 "Search Quality Evaluator Guidelines" from Google related to visual content (featuring an unexpected appearance from Rio, the miniature poodle)
Click-worthy comments from the show
You may want to dig deeper into some of the stuff we discussed:
- Search Quality Evaluator Guidelines from Google
- Orbit Media post-15 Blog images: Best Practices for Adding Great Pictures to Every Post
- Feldman Creative post-Eye-Popping, Reader-Stopping, Social Media Rocking Visual Marketing
- Visual marketing tools: Haiku Deck, SlideServe, Canva, Piktochart, Venngage, Jing, Infobrandz
Next on Content Matters: Web and content analytics