Twitter, like all social media platforms, has changed drastically over the last couple years. And as the technology and networks have evolved, so too has their wider value and impact.
The learning curve for new users on Twitter is very high, but for those that are finding value on the platform or have had that "aha moment" via tweet, the question I'm most often asked is: "how do I scale, how do I engage more, how do I become a power user?"
I'll admit I'm a technology and tools geek, (see my post: "40+ Social Tools I use for Personal Branding Success") but before I share with you my favorite tools, you must understand that there is no easy button - to find value and build relationships, it takes effort and lots of work, just as it does offline.
Here are the 14 apps, tools and tactics that I use when engaging on Twitter. For me, engagement on Twitter must go beyond a RT, favorite or 140 character exchange. Embracing content and embedded material, such as custom graphics, audio clips and video, in combination with scheduling and social listening tools like Buffer and Hootsuite, not only allows you to stand out from the crowd, but enables you to generate engagement and conversations. My social media and personal branding philosophy is #ShowUcare, and if you embrace these tools you'll have more time to be human, build relationships and do just that.
1. TweetDeck - Active, real-time dashboard that allows you engage and share from multiple twitter accounts.
2. Buffer - Tweet scheduling, RSS feed management, content suggestions, engagement analytics, team collaboration
3. Hootsuite - Social media management, RSS feed management, social listening feeds, team and account collaboration
6. Twitter Lists - Organize and filter your Twitter followers into organized feeds, subscribe and follow others lists.
7. ManageFlitter - Manage your followers, clear inactive followers, compare your followers to others, find new people to follow.
8. Mention - Social listening with alerts for each time your name, Twitter handle or other words.
9. Klear (formerly Twtrland) - Dashboard view of your account, influencers accounts and content being shared by your followers and followers of topics you follow
10. Twitter Video - 30 second video's embedded into Twitter, take videos saying thank you or storytelling beyond 140 characters.
12. Topsy - Search hashtags, compare hashtags and trends to better understand hashtags being used and which hashtags are best.
14. Meshfire - Twitter dashboard organized for team and campaign engagement, leverages artificial intelligence to give unique view of twitter conversations.
What tools did I miss? What tools do you use for engaging on Twitter? Check out my #iSocialTalks weekly video blog and podcast for more on Tools.
Originally Posted on Brian Fanzo's blog.