Last week I wrote about the ways in which customised snap-tags go hand-in hand with both traditional PR and social media campaigns. After a week spent looking further into the world of Snap-Tags I have outlined 5 key points below as to why more and more companies will soon be jumping on board.
1. Exclusive Content -Through snap tag promotions consumers are offered something new and exclusive that is often unavailable elsewhere, adding extra value to the brand's social media and marketing campaign.
2. Interactive & Engaging - The "discovering" and "unlocking" elements extend the product or service experience, bringing advertising features and the overall campaign to life. As a result, promotional materials are no longer a one-way message but now a two-way interaction. Of course, anything that creates positive interaction and engagement between the consumer and the brand/product is always a good thing.
3. Innovative & Unique Marketing - In a world where consumers are bombarded from every direction with advertising messages, it's important for brands, PR agencies and marketing companies to continually develop ways to be unique and stand-out from the crowd. With an increasing number of companies now active across sites like Facebook and Twitter, it will always be the companies that remain one step ahead of everyone else in terms of creative and engaging content that will see the most benefit from social media. Certainly for now, until more and more companies catch on, customised snap-tags are the perfect means of integrating something new and exciting into a company's use of social media and mobile technology.
4. Increases Engagement Across Other Social Media Platforms - Snap-tag campaigns can easily integrate with a company's other social media platforms, such as their YouTube page or Facebook, directing consumers to content across multiple networks. For example, if a consumer snaps-a-tag located on a poster advertisement, they are then sent an exclusive link to a company's YouTube channel or unlock an area of the company's website to receive a free app, video, or music download. Equally, users can look out for hints as to the location of hidden snap-tags that a company may post on their Twitter feed or Facebook wall.
5. Consumers are constantly looking for new ways to use their smartphone & share images with their followers online - More and more people are now looking for unique ways to put their high-resolution smartphone cameras to good use. The recent success of apps like Instagram and Foursqaure also indicates that there is a growing trend among users to not only share both location-based information and images, but to also integrate the two activities. Incorporating an interactive Snap-Tag campaign as part of an overall online PR strategy will provide brands with a perfect way to utilise the latest social media photosharing and geo-tagging trends through an interactive and engaging approach.
The interactive two-way nature of customised snap-tags positions them as the perfect marketing tool to enhance the overall effect of other traditional PR and social media activities. Not only do snap-tags add value to social media campaigns but they create a fantastic opportunity for brands to engage their audience and extend the product experience even further.