In the past week, I've heard this question multiple times "What do I post on my pages?" so I thought I would share my insights on what's worked for me & my clients.
I truly believe that social networking is an art form. There's really no way of saying what makes the perfect post because like artwork, everyone has a different perception! Too often I see marketers turn their social media accounts into the traditional "old-school" advertising channel, using messages that are completely over thought and not engaging with their customers and/or social media fans & followers!
My suggestion.... Snap out of it, and follow a couple of these suggestions that I've seen truly work for our campaigns without having to pay for any additional boosting of posts!
1) Be Personal - Show off the team, show off the minds behind the social media, what happens behind the scenes that no one gets to see! Show this off!!
2) Be Honest - I'm a huge believer that the more honest you can be with your social, the deeper the relationship will grow.
3) Be Real - Ask questions to find out what you can do better with social, business, people, processes, and maybe even new products & services.... All based on real customer feedback!
4) Be Fun - Don't feel that you can't have some fun with your social. No matter how corporate of an environment, people love fun brands! Think about Richard Branson and Virgin... What's your first thought? Probably "Fun!"
5) Be Informative - Create & share content that will help your customers understand your industry, and help them with tasks in their daily lives.
6) Be Giving - Give back to your fans/followers. The more you give the more you receive! I've found this true in every case of life, and I've seen the power of social giving. It turns your fans into loyal supporters.
7) Be Creative - Think outside the boring blog, podcast! Take your brand viral with a contest that has never been done before, do a post that you've always wanted to try, ask the team to think of the wildest ideas, and filter from there.
I've just given you 7 ways to maximize your status updates, and now I hope this helps you take your social to the next level. If you employ these insights, I truly believe you will see the rewards of these simple content suggestions right away in your current postings.