From Fulbright Scholar to Consultant to CMO, Jennifer Kelly Dominiquini has had an incredible career. Her most recent stop at BBVA Compass allows her to lead one of the best banks in the industry. Listen now to her approach to social media and digital storytelling.
- The Story of Jennifer's Career
- Shifting into a Regulated Industry
- Getting Over The Negativity Associated With Banking
How does BBVA Compass use digital and social?
"We really use social to engage with our clients and with the communities in which we bank and live. Social gives us a different kind of tool where we have the opportunity to engage with different kinds of content and bring the stories and our messages beyond banking. It enables us to broaden the conversations around lifestyle topics and other topics of interest for our clients. We can help our clients by brightening individual moments as well as the larger milestone moments. We've launched a community called #BrightFutures, and we're working with our ambassadors to share their tips and stories about how they've got to their brighter futures. This is a very different kind of content to what we would have shared a few years ago. We want to share useful and engaging content across lots of different platforms."
How does BBVA Compass get its message out on social?
"We do a lot of posting organically to see what works. The principle platforms we use are Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We use an editorial calendar for content and have two different blogs running. We've started to realize that good content which resonates will actually get more views once we've put some paid media behind it. This means it'll reach not only our existing clients but future potential clients too. We test to see what works and utilize our ambassador network that has great social connections to help the distribution of our messages. There is a lot of negativity surrounding banking and with our latest hashtag; #LiveBright, we're trying to stand for all things positive. Social media today gives us the opportunity to have a different kind of conversation than we were having in the past."
- "Traveling throughout my career has given me the fuel to be more innovative in my thinking."
- "Marketing is about connecting the dots. Finding the patterns and bringing those things that seem disparate together."
- "There can be a lot of negativity surrounding banking. We're trying to stand for all things positive."
- Company Website: https://www.bbvacompass.com/
- Company Twitter: @BBVACompass
- Personal LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jenniferdominiquini
- Company LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bbva-compass
Enjoy, and check back here for more episodes of the All the Social Ladies podcast on Social Media Today.