Sometimes the world connects you in the most mysterious ways.
When I went to interview Nizzi Renaud, the Chief Marketing Officer of Zazzle, I didn't realize that we went to school together and graduated in the exact same year. Worlds definitely do collide.
I loved listening to Nizzi's story: She's been at some of the most successful startups in the world and is currently leading the marketing charge over at Zazzle, where she's taken the marketplace ecosystem to new heights. Take a listen to her story, and hear what she's been able to accomplish - you'll be just as impressed as I was.
On This Podcast:
- The Story of Nizzi's Career
- How Zazzle Uses Social Media
- What Demonstrates Success for Zazzle on Social Media
What is Zazzle, and what makes it different?
"Zazzle is an e-commerce marketplace, a technology company, and an ecosystem. Like any good marketplace and ecosystem, there are a few different ways to interact with us; but at our core we're about the concept of customization and making products on demand.
We have more than 300 different products on our site that customers can personalize. It's a place where designers can come and make a living by selling their designs on these custom products. Makers, manufacturers, and brands can also sell custom goods with us. A large proportion of those products are manufactured right here in the U.S, which is an unusual and unique thing. We're in 16 domains and have approximately 30 million monthly visitors."
How important is social media in Zazzle's marketing plan?
"For us, social media grows in significance and importance every day. Right now, it best serves us as an engagement vehicle for customers and designers.
We're investing heavily in user-generated content because it's at the heart of what we stand for - customization. People reach out to us daily on social media with questions; it's been critical in our ongoing daily dialogue with customers.
It also plays a role for us in terms of advertising across different platforms. Our social media employees sit with our merchandising team so they can provide direct feedback on current trends. This allows us to quickly adjust."
- "The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
- "Listening is a key part of our strategy. We look at what's out there and the trends that are happening, so we can directly link it back to what we're doing."
- "I can't recommend enough starting your career with an agency or management consulting company. The discipline, work ethic, and exposure to multiple industries is a great training ground."
- Company Website: http://www.zazzle.com/http://www.zazzle.com/
- Company Twitter: @zazzle
- Personal LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nizzi
- Company LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/zazzle.com
Enjoy, and check back here for more episodes of the All The Social Ladies podcast on Social Media Today.