Be prepared to meet Veronique Ricardoni. She's the Managing Director of Likeable Mexico. After an incredible career spanning from economics and private banking, to art, to working at one of the largest global agencies in the world and now to championing our Latin-American project, you're going to be blown away. Get ready for her perspective on social media and digital, and her overall thoughts in life. Take a listen.
- The Story of Veronique's Career
- Navigating A Career Abroad
- Social Media Outside The US
Tell us about your thesis
"In the 90's, I studied art; specifically it's historical and political evolution. And the thing about art is that it's always a representation of culture and the time you are living in. I saw similarities with the social networks and thought they were like a huge abstract painting with the ability to share all of the knowledge we have. I wrote about these networks as being the next step in social sharing allowing us to recreate and reinvent ourselves. I see digital is a reflection of ourselves and and a way to create new sources of wealth - not just in terms of money but in terms of value."
What would you recommend to someone wanting to live and work in a different country?
"Everyone has to listen to their heart. You always know when something's missing and sometimes it's too late when you realize this. You need to have the guts to do it, to leave what you already have and to realize that you need to make the change. I would tell anyone to go ahead and do it. Make your own experiences - if you make mistakes, it doesn't matter, because you can always try and do it differently a second time."
- "Your career is more than a work story. It's a life story."
- "I might be Gen X but I'm a millennial at heart."
- "Digital is a direct reflection of ourselves."
- Company Website: likeable.mx/
- Company Twitter: @LikeableMX
- Personal Instagram: veronicaleica
- Personal LinkedIn: https://mx.linkedin.com/in/veronique-ricardoni-057b6752/en
- Company LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/likeable-media-m-xico
Enjoy, and check back here for more episodes of the All the Social Ladies podcast on Social Media Today.
This article was originally published on Apple News: