Are you targeting the right people on Facebook? Are you presenting relevant messages to your current fan base? These questions will definitively be answered with the introduction of Facebook's Audience Insights. This awesome new tool will give marketers a clear picture of who their audience is based on aggregate data about geography, demographics, purchase behavior and other factors. Audience insights has a similar look and feel to Page Insights, however it will provide information about anonymous users opposed to the Facebook Page itself. To understand the true value of Audience Insights, let's take a look at the information that will be available:
- Demographics - Age and gender, lifestyle, education, relationship status, job role and household size
- Page likes - The top Pages people like in different categories
- Location and language - Where people and what languages they speak
- Facebook usage - How frequently are people in your target audience logging onto Facebook and what device they are using when they log on
- Purchases activity - Past purchase behavior and purchase method
This information can be sorted into three different groups:
- People on Facebook - The general Facebook audience
- People connected to your Page or event
- People in already created Custom Audiences
One of the most obvious concerns about this information is privacy, however Audience Insights data is obtained from Facebook's trusted third-party partners and displays information without identifying exactly who these people are. Marketers can tap into aggregate and anonymous data that doesn't invade users' privacy. You can access your audience insights by clicking here.
What do you think about the new Audience Insights? Sound off in the comments section!