Twitter has had a transformative impact on my life, both professionally and personally. But I believe that the platform is has become disconnected from the user community, lost in a fight to satisfy Wall Street and struggling to decide if they want to be more Facebook than Twitter as we've known.
Recently, co-founder Jack Dorsey was appointed as CEO, which was great to hear, and then Twitter released a new feature called Moments to improve the discovery of content and trends within the tweet streams. With all that being said, I've half jokingly said for months that I would make a great Twitter CEO as I'm a guy with a technology background, a power user of Twitter and I'm experienced in implementing change in enterprise companies, as well as within startups. But most of all....
I LOVE and believe in the power of Twitter to change the world
Here's the Periscope video I did breaking down each of the things I would fix if I was given the job of Twitter CEO or even Periscope Evangelist.
Here is a listing of what I discussed at a high level:
Twitter Isn't Facebook
- Facebook is a network
- Twitter is an open fire hose of communities
- Focus on the Twitter learning curve for newbie to power user
- Twitter employee advocacy
- 'Train the Trainer' certification course
Twitter KISS - Keep it Simple Stupid
- Simplify the Twitter UI
- Integrate Twitter 3rd party tools
- Twitter customer service
Twitter Data and Social Listening
- Twitter advocates and event amplification
- Offline events need Twitter visibility
Twitter Video and Periscope
- Globally, consumer internet video traffic will be 80% of all consumer Internet traffic in 2019