Are you finding it harder and harder to pump out quality content? You know you can write quality content and make things happen. But you have let a bug grab hold of you and you cannot shake it loose. Today we will shake that bug loose.
You're probably wondering what kind of bug I'm talking about. Well, before I tell you, I must confess and I shall not lie. I have this bug and if I don't do something soon it will suck the life right out of me.
Okay, here it is "I have the blogging time wasters bug." I feel so much better, since I laid my burden down.
What is the time wasters bug?
The time wasters bug is a bug that draws you away from writing and producing quality content.
Time wasters bug:
- Checking email constantly.
- Constantly checking for tweets and re-tweets.
- Constantly changing something on your site.
- Trying every Word Press plug-in that some one recommends and late deleting that plug-in
- Constantly checking to see who's saying what on Facebook.
- Constantly checking your blog statistics.
- Checking out every social media and social book marking site
- Trying to be everywhere on the net at all times
These are just a few of the time waster bugs that will suck away your quality content.
How can you shake the time wasters bug?
- Make a schedule and don't let anything or anyone throw you off schedule.
- Write for a certain amount of time without any distractions.
- Close all tab windows on your computer. (don't minimize, close)
- Check email 3 times a day and instead of 50 million times a day.
- Check your blog stats weekly and not every 5 minutes.
- Designate a time you will check in on Twitter, Facebook and other social sites. Set a time limit on how long you socialize.
- Be where you can be and do what you can do and nothing more.
Guess what? Keeping up with your blogging duties and being everywhere at all times will soon catch up with you.
You will find yourself not posting on the days and times you have scheduled because you are too tired and stressed from trying to cram everything into a 24 hour day.
How many of you want to keep the time wasters bug hanging on you like an albatross around your neck? Not I!
Today, I have shaken the time wasters bug loose and am starting over again another.
How about you? What will you change/not change in order to continue writing and producing quality content?