It's every digital and social marketers dream that their ideal customer, partner and fan will easily find their blog, website or other online social channel. Unfortunately, it's not as easy as building a website or blog and people just show up at your digital front door, banging to get in and buy from you.
It takes time for the traditional search engines such as Google and Bing to even know your site exists so they can start sending traffic your way. Plus now you have tremendous opportunity to earn traffic to your blog or website via the social networks.
You can of course leverage paid media, earned media, social media and even influencer marketing to increase blog traffic - there's no generic, cookie cutter approach to increase blog traffic, sales and build community.
Remember though that visitors to your online platforms are tourists, they're just stopping by. It's up to you to make sure that you invite them in and inspire them to connect with you, to help them feel at home so they'll stick around for awhile and maybe even tell a few friends about how great you are.
One of the best ways to increase traffic to your blog or website is via organic traffic. Organic traffic is not paid media. Organic traffic is traffic that comes to you via recommendations, referrals, search, social networks or other online platforms. You don't necessarily pay for it directly, though you do pay for it via time invested in content marketing, website and blog development, influencer marketing, and the list goes on.
Our websites and blogs earn between 45% - 75%+ organic traffic from search engines alone. Plus the remainder of the traffic is 99% organic as well - we don't pay for expensive SEO tricks or earned media. Instead we focus on creating a platform with content that inspires and connects us with our target audience and online community.
Take a listen to the 158th episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast for 10 easy ways you can increase organic traffic to your website or blog. I share the exact strategies and specific tactics we use in our business every day.
In this 30 minute podcast you will learn
- 10 strategies and tactics to increase organic traffic to your blog or website
- How to do a quick assessment of your current traffic to build a plan for improvement
- How to hop on hot industry news to drive long term evergreen traffic to your blog or website
- How to tap into the power of social media to increase blog traffic, grow community and nurture relationships
- The power of Google analytics
- Why you must create experiences and humanize your brand
- Why you must know your ideal customer and what problems you can help them solve
- Why content marketing is the foundation for organic traffic
- Why your blog or website should be mobile responsive
- Why you must design for mobile users from the start
- The power of going deep into your niche
- Focusing on unique value within your industry and filling the gaps that others are not providing
- The power of evergreen content marketing
- How to create more shareable content
- Why you must develop an integrated marketing plan that you can realistically implement in a timely manner
- How to Build an Integrated Social & Digital Platform that Works When You Aren't Working
- 15 Steps to Build a Mobile Marketing Plan
- Google Mobile Friendly Update in a Nutshell - What You Need to Know
- Earned, Owned and Paid Media in a Nutshell (episode 138)
- Top 10 Mistakes Brands Make with Influencer Marketing and How to Fix Them (episode 121)
- Influencer Marketing in a Nutshell (episode 96)
- How to Develop a Content Marketing Framework and Plan (episode 7)
- 8 Steps to Develop a Social Business Plan (white paper)
- How to Build a Social Business Strategy & Plan (episode 14)
- You Are the Media: 10 Reasons You Need a Blog (episode 111)
Free webinars: We're also launching a series of webinars and training opportunities to dig even deeper. Sign up here-> You are the Media - Building Your Media Foundation
How to Subscribe to Social Zoom Factor Podcast
This post originally appeared on Pam Moore's blog