Manticore Technology is rolling out over 40 enhancements and features to their marketing automation platform to improve usability, accelerate lead flow and more closely align marketing with sales. What this means is that they're simplifying the process while expanding the capabilities. Marketers can now accomplish more while increasing precision at the same time.
I recently had the opportunity to see a demonstration of the new capabilities and liked what I saw. The interface is intuitive and the capabilities are need-to-have, not nice-to-have, for marketers who are truly embracing lead management process execution and diligently pursuing alignment with sales.Let's look at what a few of these enhancements mean for B2B marketers:
Marketers, as business users, need technology that simplifies complex process execution. With longer term buying cycles, the ability to track and measure prospect behavior over months-sometimes longer-improves their ability to help transition early-stage buyers into late-stage sales opportunities.In case you need further motivation to consider implementing marketing automation to improve your lead management results, the 2010 Lead Generation Optimization report from CSO Insights may nudge you in the right direction. Their research found:
- Over 49% of marketers report that 25% or less of the deals closed resulted from marketing-generated leads.
- 49% of marketers said that sales would say the quality of their leads needs improvement.
- 60% of them said that sales would say the quantity of leads generated needs improvement.
- More than 54% of marketers say that less than 50% of leads result in a first call.
- Over 65% of marketers say lead scoring is informal or nonexistent.
Go check out Manticore Technology VII for yourself!
[disclosure: Manticore Technology is a client]