Even if you've spent countless hours and dedicated resources to developing a thorough social media marketing strategy, you may find that you have overlooked some small, yet critical elements that could end up handicapping your efforts. For this reason, it's always a good idea to get a second set of eyes to look over your internet marketing strategy, particularly a social media agency (heck, even having a friend look over it may dig up some missing elements).
Mashable recently shared some of the most common elements missing from a social media marketing strategy. Check out some of these oversights below to see if your strategy needs some tweaking:
- No link to your website. You may do an incredible job with your Facebook marketing strategy; however, neglecting to include a link to your website on your Facebook page or making it difficult to find can cause you to be less effective at converting new clients.
- Lack of focus. Facebook. Twitter. LinkedIn. Instagram. Google+. Tumblr. Everyday it seems as if there is a new social media channel popping up, which tempts business owners to spread themselves too thin across multiple networks instead of just focusing on one or two.
- Throwing email marketing out the window. Email marketing was one of the first ways that businesses were able to connect with prospective customers online. There is a pretty good chance that your email will arrive in your customer's inbox, and if he chooses to open it, statistics show that customers are willing to often share email content with their social networks.
- Ignoring YouTube. Incorporating video into your social media marketing strategy can allow you to simplify the delivery of your content, show off your brand's personality, and boost search engine rankings. Plus, online visitors are much more likely to view a video that read written content in its entirety.
- Not regularly creating fresh content. We always hear that content is king; however, as life gets busy, producing high quality content on a regular basis becomes difficult and is often put on the back burner. Keeping up with new content production not only helps to build your brand, but plays an instrumental role in your SEO strategy.
After reading through this list, can you relate to any of these common missing elements from your social media marketing strategy? If so, we would appreciate the opportunity to optimize your inbound marketing efforts. To learn more, click the image below!.
(Image via Mobile Cuisine)