Many people start marketing on social media, but find it can be difficult to generate scalable leads. One of the biggest challenges is that you typically need to drive people off the site they're on and direct them to one of your landing pages, where you can collect the lead. Sending people off a social media website has notoriously had a low conversion rate. In order to help marketers avoid this problem, Twitter has developed Twitter Lead Generation Cards.
What are Twitter Lead Generation Cards?
Lead Generation Cards are Twitter Cards that can allow a user to quickly sign up for your offer with just a single click. The name of the user, their Twitter @username, and email address are already pre-populated within the Card. The user simply clicks a button to send this information directly to you. Think of these cards as mini-landing pages, which are hosted on Twitter.
Now, you'll notice that these Cards do not have too many data fields, so this product is good for developing your email lists, but might not be right for some more advanced or complicated sales funnels, so your mileage will vary. Of course, you can always use these Cards to build a list of prospective clients, and then market to them through email toward your advanced sales funnel.
Given the fact that you will be able to achieve much greater sign up rates using these Cards compared to attempting to get people to leave Twitter to visit your site, it will likely be worth the extra effort. When managed properly, Twitter Lead Generation Cards can help you connect to those people who would otherwise have been missed opportunities.
Will Twitter Lead Generation Cards Integrate with Your CRM?
If you're collecting leads, you're probably using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to manage them. Most of the popular CRM systems have already fully integrated Twitters Cards into their lead collection process, so the entire process is quick and easy for you. Simply set up your Twitter Cards, and begin automatically sending your fresh leads to your CRM without any manual intervention.
The following CRM Systems can be setup to integrate with Twitter Cards:
Given the fact that the Twitter Lead Generation Cards have been catching on so well, it is very likely that other CRMs will add support for them in the near future.
Do Twitter Lead Generation Cards work for B2B clients?
Many people assume that Twitter would only be good for lead generation in the B2C space but recently Twitter has released a case study for WebTrends and the results were quite impressive:
- 996% acceleration in lead acquisition
- 500% improvement in cost per lead
- 300% improvement in cost per engagement
These numbers are obviously impressive, and show that the Twitter Lead Generations Cards can be an effective way to capture leads for virtually any type of business. The fact that any marketer can have the Cards set up and ready to go with just a few minutes of work is just one more reason why every business should have these powerful Cards available for customers.
Setting Up Twitter Lead Generation Cards
When you're ready to set up your Lead Generation Cards, simply login to your Twitter account, and visit the ads management page. From there, click on the 'Cards' button at the top, and select the option to create a new card. The simple five step process will only take a few minutes to complete:
- Short Description - Fill out a short description of what the card is used for. In this area, write a brief value proposition telling people why they should sign up. You'll only have 50 characters here, so be brief.
- Select an Image - Choose an eye catching image that is easily identifiable with your brand. The image must be in a 4:1 aspect ratio, and a maximum size of 1 MB.
- Call to Action - You have 20 characters to tell people to sign up. This is the text that will be on the button users need to click to sign up, so something like "Sign up for Free" can be very effective, depending on the business.
- Failback URL - Provide a URL where you want the users directed if something goes wrong. Ideally, this should be a link to a page where the user can opt in to your list, since that is the point of the Twitter Card.
Once you've completed the simple form and saved it, you'll be provided with a simple URL that you can repost anywhere. Add the Card's URL to any Tweet, and it will appear for viewers to see.
If you have any questions about the Twitter Lead Generation Cards, or Twitter in general, please don't hesitate to ask them in the comments below. We'll be sure to reply as quickly as possible.