In the previous post, I took you through some of the 2011 highlights in the sales training industry.
I promised to share with you who ESR considers sales training industry leaders.
A few points to consider:
- As you are probably aware, ESR's Research Methodology enables our research team to produce very accurate profiles and evaluations of the sales training providers that we cover. We look at many more characteristics than are listed in the "category" column below, going through numerous briefings, checking customer references, and tapping into our significant community of sales training buyers and experts. Through this formal research, ESR provides a unique perspective and authoritative advice to corporations evaluating sales training company alternatives.
- I'm only highlighting a partial list of names for each category. Apologies to those companies that weren't included in categories where they are strong.
- If you are looking to engage with a sales training company/consulting firm, we strongly suggest you not just take this list and start calling these companies. Statistically, that's a big mistake for a lot of reasons. One reason is the very company you think meets your requirements in one area, may fall dismally short in another. We see it all the time. Selecting the right sales performance improvement partner is about understanding your own prioritized requirements and matching them against the capabilities of a number of potential providers, balancing strengths with inevitable challenges, trade-offs, and risks. For more information, enter your name and email, then download this ebook: The Seven Sales Training Pitfalls and Seven Solutions for Sustained Success.
If you are currently looking for a sales training partner, have a budget, are a decision-maker (or lead an evaluation team), and haven't already made up your mind, give me a call. I'd be happy to walk you through what you have to do NOT to become yet another failed sales training initiative statistic. And we're happy to evaluate, on your behalf, companies not included among those we cover.
- Are there other sales training companies that are strong (or perhaps stronger) in these categories than those listed? Sure. Some aren't listed because they haven't been put through ESR's vigorous evaluation process. If you are interested in which other providers fall into each category, contact us at ESR.
|- Category -||- Partial List of Providers -|
(In Alphabetical Order)
|Leveraging Technology |
to Help Sales People Sell
|Basic Selling Skills|
|Advanced Selling Skills|
(Sales training companies that effectively market themselves.)
|Smaller Provider, Big Value|
|Overcoming The |
|Return on Training|
|Breadth of Solution|
|Sales Performance and |
Sales Training Measurement
|Value Selling Orientation|
© 2012 - ES Research Group, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
* Although ESR's evaluations of these firms are in progress, analyst briefings have enabled us to determine they are among the leaders in these areas.
Click on the link for ESR's Sales Training Profiles & Evaluations of these and other providers.