The marketing landscape is changing at a pace never seen before. Twitter and Facebook are exploding with unprecedented popularity, smart phones are selling like hotcakes, and new forms of advertising are constantly being developed to reach the 21st Century consumer.
So what's next for digital marketing? Where is the market going? These are extremely interesting questions for businesses trying to reach consumers, get their attention, and drive behavior. (Tell us what you think)
If you're paying attention there's some interesting facts that will probably make you evaluate where you are, where you want to be, and if you're moving in the right direction.
- 1 in every 13 people on Earth are active Facebook users and half of them are logged in on any given day - over 250 million people.
- 71% of U.S. web users are on Facebook
- The 35+ demographic now represents more than 30% of the entire user database.
- Facebook Display Ads have a Cost Per Conversion of less than half of Google.
- 48% of 18 to 34 year olds check Facebook right when they wake up. 28% check it on their smart phones before getting out of bed.
- Between 2006 and 2008 the average number of monthly text messages increased by 549% (65 to 357 according to the Nielsen Company) . Current averages are near 700 text messages per month.
- 2 Weeks before Christmas 2010 smart phone sales were already double the total for Christmas 2009.
This surely isn't the whole story. Weigh in and share your comments, insight, and knowledge below.
What's valuable to your business in 2011? CLICK HERE to tell us.Yours in Service,