"People spend time on other networks, but they invest time on LinkedIn"
That's a pretty good line - LinkedIn's included this in their latest infographic, which provides an overview of some key stats and data around the platform's marketing options and opportunities, underlining why businesses - especially B2B brands - need to have a LinkedIn marketing plan.
Among the stats provided, LinkedIn says:
- LinkedIn SlideShare (or SlideShare as most refer to it) now has 70 million monthly active users
- 79% of B2B marketers view LinkedIn as an effective source for generating leads
- 92% of B2B marketers leverage LinkedIn over all other social platforms
And there are also some more surprising stats which may or may not need additional qualification:
- 46% of social media traffic coming to your company site comes from LinkedIn
- 80% of B2B leads come from LinkedIn
- 94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to distribute content
While there's no doubt some truth to these figures, they seem a little generic - as with all things social media, individual results will vary.
And one other interesting stat:
"There are 9 billion content impressions in LinkedIn feeds every week."
Either way you look at it, there's a lot of potential in LinkedIn. The full "10 Surprising Stats You Didn't Know About Marketing on LinkedIn" is below.