10 Social Media Stats That Should Influence Your Marketing Plan
All in all, we thought we'd select our ten favourite - in no particular order - social media statistics from 2014, have a read and feel free to tweet us your favourite.
1) In 9 months, Instagram grew by 50%, now with more active users than Twitter.
2) Snapchat is growing at a rate of 56% a year, at a valuation of $10 billion.
4) Katy Perry becomes the most popular user on Twitter, with over 62.8 million followers.
6) Organic Facebook reach drops to 2% for most pages, leading to an increase in Facebook's revenue year on year, as a result of them forcing brands to spend more on Facebook Ads for greater visibility.
7) A Study by socialbakers, found that Instagram gets 50x more engagement than Twitter (maybe Evan Williams was slightly more concerned at this statistic).
9) eBay is the most engaging brand on Twitter, surprisingly with famous coffee franchise Starbucks, dropping down to the fourth-most-engaging and with the fourth largest amount of followers of any major brand.
Follow Chris Kyriacou on Twitter