If you are not familiar with LinkedIn, or you don't know how or why to use it, then this is the post for you. LinkedIn in is the Facebook for business and business people. LinkedIn allows you to connect with your work friends, old colleagues and you can see where they work and where they have been.
LinkedIn is your online Resume or C.V which showcases your abilities and recommendations.
You can connect with your old uni friends and find out where they have worked and where they are now. This can be a great tool if you are a sales person and want to approach a company but don't know where to start. You would be surprised how many people are connected, currently 20 million people are on LinkedIn and one person signs up every second, and how many people know each other.
You probably know the phrase "6 degrees of separation" and with power of the internet and more and more people connecting this rapidly becomes a lot smaller. Therefore a great reasons to get your resume up and running online so you can connect with long lost (work) friends and continue to expand your network with your current workmates.
Therefore I'm giving you the top 5 reasons why you need a LinkedIn account:
- Expand your network significantly and create more work opportunities by joining groups and discussions on various topics that you are interested in.
- Showcase your work experience, but more important, your work achievements and recommendations from your work colleagues and clients.
- Let other companies headhunt, and contact you, faster and more accurately.
- Find out where your friends work or who works at a better company and get directly introduced by one of your network contact.
- Keeping up with the new options that are being added on a regular basis. Sync it with TripIt, PowerPoint's, Amazon, twitter or your personal blog.
There you have it, the top reasons for you to sign up or if you have an account, so spruce up your account and make sure you are up to scratch. This will open more doors and connect you with others who have similar or exact interests.
Doing business and finding more business opportunities has never been this easy.
Image by Nan Palmero