Contests are a time-tested way to stir up all sorts of activity on your Facebook Page. But executing a successful one is no joke.
If you're planning your first contest, or are a veteran who wants explosive results from your upcoming efforts, follow the steps we've outlined here:
1. Decide if you really need a contest.
2. Set some goals.
3. Host the right type of contest.
4. Familiarize yourself with Facebook's policies.
5. Know what YOU want!
6. Decide if you want to use a third-party app.
7. If you do choose a third-party app, make sure it's flexible, embeddable and has mobile capabilities.
8. If you're using a third-party app, choose one that won't bust your budget.
9. Weight pros and cons of fan-gating.
10. Pick a relevant prize.
11. Make it worthwhile.
12. Keep it simple.
13. Make it visible.
14. Tell the world about it.
16. Mine the data.
17. Follow up!