Do you have a brand story that you share with people who come in contact with your brand? A story that serves as the connective tissue and foundation representing the 'who', 'what' and 'why' your brand exists on this planet today?
Your brand story should be the thread which connects your value proposition, team, vision, mission and purpose with your customers, potential customers, audience, community and partners. It's who you are, what you are, why you're in business, where you've been, where you're going, why you're going there, who you've helped and the list goes on.
Can you answer these questions?
- What is your brand story?
- Who are the characters in your brand story?
- What are the lessons learned?
- What happened, and is happening, on the journey of building your brand and business?
- What differentiates your brand story from your competition?
- Why did you start your business in the first place?
- What is your short, medium and longer term vision and mission?
- How do you do what you do?
- Who do you help? What have the specific results been to date?
Many marketers struggle with developing and communicating their brand story publicly. They may feel uncomfortable or simply have a hard time pulling it together in a way that they feel confident with, knowing that it represents who they are and what the have to offer the market.
If you've ever struggled with creating, developing and launching your brand story, then you've landed on the right blog post and podcast today/
Take a listen to 179th episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast to learn 6 key foundational content elements that must be included in your brand story.
In this episode, you'll learn how to craft your own brand story, a story that represents who you are, why you're in business and why anyone who comes in contact with you and your brand should trust you and be inspired to engage in a relationship with your brand.
In this 30 minute podcast you will learn:
- 6 must have content elements of brand storytelling
- How to create a brand story that helps you earn trust and establish authority
- The importance of making it easy for people to listen to, watch and understand your brand story
- Why you must ensure your brand story helps differentiate you from competition
- Why you have to start from the inside out in creating your brand story
- Selecting the characters (people) to be part of your brand story
- Why your brand story is not just about you
- The importance of understanding your unique position in the market
- Why you can't be afraid to share your best stuff, including how you do what you do
- The importance of testimonials and case studies
- Brand Storytelling in a Nutshell: 10 Foundational Elements of Brand Storytelling
- What Digital Marketers can Learn from Goldilocks and the 3 Bears
- 7 Foundational Steps to Build Your Personal Brand
- Welcome to the Inspiration Age
- Welcome to the Participation Age
- How to Connect with Your Audience in a Human Way in the Inspiration Age
- Brand Strategy in a Nutshell
- Digital Body Language: 105 Factors Impacting Your Brand (white paper)
- Know Your Audience! Audience Analysis Worksheet
- 15 Characteristics of Human Brands (episode 55)
- Content Editorial Calendar Template (worksheet / template)
Free webinars: We are also launching a series of webinars and training opportunities to dig even deeper. Sign up here-> You are the Media - Building Your Media Foundation
How to Subscribe to Social Zoom Factor Podcast
This post originally appeared on Pam Moore's blog