10 Questions to Ask When Hiring an SEO Consultant
It is not an easy task to find a perfect consultant for Search Engine Optimization especially when you don't have right questions to ask in your mind. Trends are changing rapidly in internet marketing. In this high competition world everyone needs to adopt best SEO strategies to take your site at Google's first page. It is necessary to take right decision at right time otherwise you can waste your time and money as well.
Before hiring any SEO consultant you need to know about your plans regarding it, like what is your site? Is it locally or globally? What are your competitors? What is your niche? You want to hire native consultant? Or are you doing a global search?
There are most important points you must consider while taking interview.
- What is their background of education?
- What is their past experiences regarding Search Engine Optimization?
- What are the strategies they use for taking any site at Google's first page?
- According to them what are the important factors that are vital for Search Engine Optimization?
- Try to know about their skills and abilities.
- Do they have a team of SEO writers?
- Are they up-to-date according to new tools and techniques using in SEO?
- Have they proficient knowledge regarding black Hat SEO and White Hat SEO?
- Have they good knowledge of word press?
- Have they detailed knowledge of both on page and off page SEO?
There are many other factors too that should be considered In SEO. There is no need of specific degree except good "marketing skills" because only market researcher knows well how to market your site and rank it at top pages of the Google. He can understand the right marketing techniques and tools in a right way. You must ask them to provide the report of their tools and techniques and analysis which they have done.
The major techniques in SEO included on page SEO and off page SEO. On page SEO consists of titles of articles, description, keywords with its densities. Off page SEO includes social media sharing, blogging, press release, YouTube videos and directory submissions etc. The person to whom you are going to hire should know all the techniques regarding Black Hat SEO and white hat SEO because it is very common trend that the hired person can easily say you to promote your site online in short time but which strategies he/she will adopt is the main point.
A website/blog plays an important role in online business. If you want to be successful at international level, you must have your own website according to Google's standards. There are approximately 44% companies that don't have sites or blog and without internet marketing no one can be successful in this current era. With a successful SEO consultant you can not only promote your site but also can expand your business word wid. For this you need to take right decision while choosing the right person otherwise it can waste your precious time and money as well.
Follow Charles Crawford on Twitter