Smart marketers and business leaders know that their online integrated digital and social platform is not simply a megaphone to tell the world how great their business is and beg them to make a purchase. Though you may see many new marketers to the online and social world fall to spammy tactics, they don't usually last long.
Your website, blog, Facebook page, Twitter profile, YouTube channel, Instagram page, Blab conversations, Periscope sessions and Pinterest boards all create opportunities for you to inspire, delight, connect, entertain and inform your audience and readers.
With every virtual touch, swipe, view, and listen you have and opportunity to earn a friend, to earn an advocate and customer. You have an opportunity to earn trust, start and nurture real and human relationships. You have an opportunity to earn a sale, not just push sales.
If you've not thought about using your online digital and social assets to inspire, engage, entertain and inform then you should. How are your sales? Are they hurting? Maybe you should look at the content you are sharing? Is it really making your audience want to buy from you? Are you truly helping them make a decision to buy? Or are you leaving them confused or maybe even pushing them away to your competition because you are all about yourself?
Take a listen to the 164th episode of the Zoom Factor podcast for 10 Tips to help your online community and audience buy from you.
In this 25 minute podcast, you will learn:
- 10 tips to help your online audience buy from you
- Why you should serve more than you sell
- Why you need buyer personas
- Why you must know your ideal customer demographics, psychographics and preferences
- Why first impressions are so very important
- Why you must have a brand foundation and message architecture
- The importance of testing varying forms of media such as audio, video and text
- The importance of articulating clearly who you are, what you do and WHY
- Why you must share HOW you do what you do to help your ideal customer
- Why the first, last and every brand touch in between matters
- Why you should be a connecter of value, knowledge and people
- The importance of inspiring action
- How to choose a call to action that can help increase sales
- Letting your audience know what the next steps are to engage with you
- Social Media Audience Analysis Worksheet
- Content Calendar Template
- 4 Things You Need from Your Buyer Before You Can Sell to Them
- How to Add Call to Action Button to Facebook Business Page (blog post & video)
- You Are the Media: 10 Reasons You Need a Blog (episode 111)
- 10 Tips to Focus on Needs of Your Customer
- Social Trust Factor - How to Earn Trust and Establish Authority Online
- 8 Steps to Develop a Social Business Plan (white paper)
Free webinars: We are also launching a series of webinars and training opportunities to dig even deeper. Sign up here-> You are the Media - Building Your Media Foundation
How to Subscribe to Social Zoom Factor Podcast
This post originally appeared on Pam Moore's blog