What does it take to propel positive social change in business and your community? Wake Forest University's Online Masters of Counseling answers that question for us in their latest infographic, which highlights the key traits of a good community leader.
- Self-Awareness: Before leading others, you must know your own abilities
- Eagerness to Learn: Studying different perspectives and angles of a situation will ensure you to make great decisions that positively impact your whole team.
- Empathy: Empathy allows you to understand everybody's differing situations
- Honesty: Great leaders MUST be trustworthy, and the first step is proven honesty.
- Dedication: The responsibility of a community leader takes a lot of time and responsibility.
- Service: Community service is not only important to the structure of a happy, healthy community, but it also keeps your role in perspective.
- Interpersonal Skills: Leaders must have the ability to have meaningful conversations among all kinds of people.
- Forward-Thinking: Great leaders step outside the box and have set goals in mind for the future.
- Intelligence: This comes in all forms-- such as emotional, social, and intellectual intelligence.
- Motivation: Being motivational is extremely contagious, and will spark your team to stay productive.
Let me know in the comments if you found any of these characteristics useful in your personal growth!