Are you a digital or social marketer wanting to progress in your business and marketing career? Do you find yourself getting stuck, getting passed over for promotions? Do you often find it hard to win budgets, grow your team or simply justify your own job?
If this is you, then you've definitely landed on the right blog post and podcast today.
Social media is not a band-aid for a broken business. If business leaders really want to ignite business results using digital and social marketing, they must do more than hire a social media intern who knows how to get new followers on Instagram, post to Snapchat and do a live video stream on Facebook.
Before you even think about how you are going to tweet, snap, live video stream or tell stories on Instagram, you better nail the business goals and have more than a 101 level understanding of business and marketing.
If you're a budding social and digital marketer working at a new company in a new position, the first questions you should be asking should be related to understanding business goals and objectives, not asking for the logons to the social networks.
Business owners and leaders need to start being more careful about who they hand over the social media keys to. In addition, social media and digital marketers need to learn business.
There's a clear gap in the social ecosystem of qualified people who know business, know social and digital marketing, and who also know how to align social media to business goals.
It seems that everyone is an expert at social media and digital marketing, however, unfortunately a good majority of these same people have never spent more than a few months working in a real business or driving real business results - for themselves or for anyone else.
Those three things are...
- Understanding business
- Understanding marketing
- Knowing how to align social and digital marketing to business and marketing goals and objectives
It's time you take control of your career, control of your business once and for all.
Are you ready? Listen to the podcast now. You will be happy that you did.
In this 15 minute podcast you will learn
- Three Foundations for success as a social media or digital marketer
- Why you must understand more than business 101
- Why you must understand more than marketing 101
- Why you must know how to align social media to business goals
- Why business leaders should not simply hire an intern because they know how to tweet
- Why business leaders must be careful who they hand over their social media and business keys to
- 10 Tips to Be a Social Media and Digital Marketing Rebel
- How to Prioritize Your Social Networks for Business
- How to Get Your Social Marketing Budget Approved (white paper)
- 10 Proven Strategies to Get Your Social Media Budget Approved (podcast)
- 10 Habits Highly Effective Social Media Marketing Leaders
- Audience Analysis Worksheet (worksheet to help you prioritize your niche)
- Content Editorial Calendar (12 month editorial content marketing calendar template)
Free webinars: We are also launching a series of webinars and training opportunities to dig even deeper. Sign up here-> You are the Media - Building Your Media Foundation