A company's website is one of the biggest assets for any business. However, not every website is able to generate sufficient leads and sales for the business or deliver the expected results.
In this article we take a look some simple tips that you can use to improve the performance of your website and ensure your company's website is able to deliver the desired results.
Here are 6 simple ways to get your website to work for your business.
1. Make Your Website Informative
Offering quality content aimed at your targeted audience is one of the most effective ways to improve your website. This is not only important for blogs but is equally important for business websites.
Whether you are an ecommerce business that sells online or a regular bricks and mortar business; offering quality information relevant to your niche, is the most effective way to attract a targeted audience to your website. Once you are able to generate sufficient traffic, you will have the opportunity to promote your business and convert visitors into leads.
Some ways to make your website informative:
Following are some effective ways to make your website more informative for users.
- Start a blog
- Add a news section to share the latest news relevant to your industry
- Offer tutorials and guides on topics relevant to your niche
- Offer articles and other resources
2. Start a Newsletter
Email marketing is one of the most cost effective ways to promote your business or your products and services. Email list of prospective customers is a vital marketing asset for any business. However, building an email list is not easy and presents many challenges. One of the simplest ways to start building your email list is to start a newsletter. It may take some time for your list to grow, but the sooner you start the better it is for your business.
Email marketing tips:
Following are some simple tips that will help you to grow your email list fast.
- Offer quality content in your newsletters, and not just information about your company.
- Limit selling and promotional messages to less than 10% of email content
- Display a visually appealing sign-up form on your website and place it prominently
- Offer an incentive to sign up to your list e.g. free eBook
3. Make Your Website Social Media
Social media is a very effective way to promote your business and build your brand online. It is particularly beneficial for small businesses as it is cost effective and provides the opportunity to compete effectively with established businesses. Social media allows a business target a huge customer-base.
There are many ways to use social media for your business. Your company's website is one of the best channels to build and grow your social presence. This is where businesses get most of their followers and fans. There are several social media website features that you can take advantage of.
Social media tips for your website:
- Use the right plugins on your website
- Make it easy for users to share website content
- Target multiple social networks to increase your reach
- Use social login instead of guest registrations
4. Use Good Call to Action
Call to action on a website refers to a banner, button, or a type of graphic or text that prompts a user to perform a desired action. It is typically aimed at converting a user into a lead.
Effective call to action is an essential part of any website. In spite of its importance, I come across many business websites daily that fail to take advantage of this simple yet highly effective concept.
Call to Action tips for your website:
Following are some call to action tips for your website.
- Make your calls to action stand out
- Use multiple calls to action
- Place your call to action in a prominent place e.g. above the fold
5. Make Your Website Interactive & Engaging
A company's website is much more than a source of information about the business and its products. Customer expectations have changed significantly in recent years. Customers today expect the website to be interactive and engaging. You need to be able to meet this expectation if you want your website to be successful.
There are several interactive features you can add to your website to make your website more engaging and meet the rising expectations of users.
Tips to make your website more interactive & engaging:
Following are some simple tips to make your website interactive and enage with customers. You can take advantage of these tips to build relationships with customers online.
- Add Google custom search to your website
- Offer the ability to comment on articles
- Offer rating and reviews for products
- Surveys & polls
What About You?
How is your website performing for your business? Are you taking advantage of the methods above? Perhaps you would like to share another tip. Please add your response by leaving a comment below.
If you like this article, please share it!