Are you looking for new trends on Twitter? If not, you should be. This is a great way to drive new traffic to your blog, especially if you use Twitter. You first spot a trend, then you blog about it using the right keywords, and you follow up that blog post with a tweet about it. Because the topic is trending, you'll likely find new blog readers as well as new Twitter followers and see a spike in your blog's traffic.
Here are five places to go for finding Twitter trends:
- Twitter Search - This is Twitter's own search feature. When you land on the page, you'll see a search box with the top trending topics underneath. Conduct a search and you'll get a list of tweets related to your topic. On the right side of the screen you'll see the top 10 trending topics on Twitter.
- Tweetmeme - Tweetmeme aggregates all the popular links on Twitter and categorizes them for you.
- What The Trend - What The Trend is unique. When you land on the home page, the first thing you'll see is a list of trending topics from around the world that are trending right now. You can easily click a link and see all trending topics for the day. You can also check the top Twitter trends by town and country. The links are on the right side of the page.
- Trends Map - Trends Map shows you all the real-time trending topics geographically.
- Twopular - Twopular shows you trending topics according to a specific time frame (now, 2 hours, 8 hours, day, week, etc.). Just click the appropriate tab.
Twitter trends have become one of the most important ways to find new topics to blog and tweet about. Happy trend hunting!