JF Guest Author Spot
Even with everything we've been hearing about the economy, people are still spending money. I stood in line to buy my chai latte at Starbucks...people were buying expensive coffee! I stood in line at the supermarket waiting to buy my groceries...people's carriages were filled to the top with food! And, when I went to Mall, the parking lot was full and the stores were packed with people buying clothes, shoes, and accessories... especially iPods at the Apple Computer Store!
Even with all the changes going on, people are still willing to pay for services that help them solve their pain and make them feel good.
No matter what's going on around you, you still have a say in how your business is going to grow. During this period, more than ever before, you can thrive in your business. You see people need your services and will still pay for a solution.
The choice is yours. You can believe everything you're hearing on the news, pull in your reins and stop being proactive, or you can find creative ways to grow your business and get out there and meet with new prospects.
I recently spoke to a client. Although her business is growing and she desperately needs to hire someone to install blinds, she was going to pull back. She said with everything she's been hearing about the economy, she was afraid to spend any money. I could hear in her speaking that she was choosing to survive rather than thrive. And, when you come from a place of survival, you've put a lid on growing. How sad that she believed everything she heard.
As the Laws of Attraction states, "Like attracts like, and you attract what you think you deserve." This means that what you are focused on and the emotions behind those thoughts, draws more of the same to you. If you focus on "not enough money," what are you drawing to you? The answer is simple, "not enough money." So if that is true, focus more on attracting "more money, more business, more opportunities, more clients, more sales!"
If you chose to focus on "more of" rather than "lack of," here's another way to look at the situation. With the slowing down of home sales, more homeowners are planning to stay put and fix up their homes. Sounds to me like a great opportunity for businesses that provide home services like window design professionals, interior decorators, painters, etc.
Now take a look at your business and ask yourself, "how can I create new opportunities to grow my business?"
Here are some mindset and sales/marketing tips I've put together to help you thrive during these times.
• Stop listening to the doom and gloom. Remember the media has one intention and that is to grab your attention.
• Limit your time spent with those who feed on the drama, negativity, and fear going on.
• Connect with and support like-minded people with empowering and positive thoughts. Make it a point to reach out to at least one person a day.
• Fill your head up with inspirational and spiritual information. You can read books, listen to tapes, or attend seminars.
• Practice, daily, focusing on attracting more of what you want by saying to yourself and writing statements that includes words such as "more money, more business, more clients, and more sales are coming my
• Let's visualize the world transforming. When we come together as a collective force, we can change the world!
Sales and marketing tips:
• Create new low-end products that are affordable to more people.
• Create online information products.
• Offer special themed discounts on your services or products.
• Offer payment plans to make it easier to do business with you.
• Touch base with people who expressed interest in your services.
• Reach out and meet with current clients to see how they're doing and to let them know you're there for them.
• Get out of the office and network! Just connecting and being with people will improve your morale and energize you.
• During these times, more than ever, invest in yourself and your business, so when the tide changes, and it will, you'll be at the top instead of the bottom!
Rochelle Togo-Figa is a Sales Breakthrough Expert with 23 years in the corporate world as a top sales producer, and 12 years as a coach and trainer. She is the creator of the Sales Breakthrough System™, a step-by-step sales process teaching business owners, entrepreneurs and sales professionals exactly what they need to do to close more business, sign on more clients, and make more money with ease and velocity.
Rochelle is also the author of the sales home-study program "Sell Without the Slick" www.SellWithouttheSlick.com and "The Ultimate Sales Breakthrough System" Audio CD Program.
Today's News: OK, lots of events coming up, so let me update you with one of them: Top Sales Experts 2.0, will be ready to launch on December 2nd and will feature ten, yes ten new initiatives. I will introduce these to you a little later in the month, but you need to be aware of one particular new and exciting facility - TSE Roundtable.
Many people feel that the market is now saturated with webinars and teleseminars, so we are going to do something completely different: Imagine six of the world's top sales gurus, gathered together to present timely, relevant and specific advice, all in one 90 minute show.
The first one is FREE - "Selling In A Downturn Economy" on December 9th and will involve: Jill Konrath, Keith Rosen, Leslie Buterin, Paul McCord, Colleen Francis and me - yep, that's a pretty heavyweight crew!
I'll be posting full details next week on how you can register for this "Online Sales Event Of The Year"
Tomorrow: Every front-line sales professional needs to be very adept at making presentations - it is the stage that really can make or break a sale. As with all things in life, the quality of the preparation affects the final outcome and this is certainly true when it comes to planning and preparing a presentation. So, tomorrow, I will be sharing my tips.
Link to original post