It's probably not news to you that blogging is an incredible way to build your business and your brand. As tempting as it may be, building your business on rented land such as Facebook is quite risky. The only guarantee we have today with the social networks and digital marketing is change.
Mastering the skills and knowing how to build and utilize an integrated social and digital platform inclusive of a quality blog will help separate any marketer and business from the crowd of status quo.
The #1 question we hear from clients of our consulting and training agency, Marketing Nutz, and students of our courses is "how do I build a blog and write content that brings real and measurable business results?"
The days of hiring an SEO company to simply throw up some text on a virtual page, buy some junk links and watch the sales come in, are over and done. The truth is these lazy tactics never really worked that well anyway.
If you want to win in the world of online marketing you need to learn more than simply how to optimize your Facebook News Feed. You need to understand the difference between content marketing and writing content. They are two very different things.
If you want to learn the foundational requirements for writing a successful blog post that will support and help you achieve your business and marketing goals and objectives, then you've landed on the right blog post today.
Successful blogs today include much more than lazy text thrown on virtual walls. The best business blogs integrate different forms of media such as audio, video and compelling visuals that inspire and help you connect with your target audiences in a real and human way.
Before you waste a ton of money and time throwing social content spaghetti at the digital wall, take a listen to this episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast to ensure that you maximize every word and minute of your time.
On this episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast, you will learn:
- 10 foundational strategies and requirements of a successful business blog post
- Why your blog post must have a mission, vision and clear path for success
- The importance of structure as it relates to your blog post. Why it must have a beginning, middle and end.
- How to humanize your brand, message and content with story telling and language that connects you with your audience
- Understanding and creating clear call to actions on every blog post
- The importance of understanding your audience and the value you provide to them
- Utilizing and integrating different types of media such as video, audio and visuals into your blog post
- Why the details matter such as grammar, spelling and overall accuracy
- How to leverage internal and external linking strategies to optimize for SEO and social search
- Content Editorial Calendar Template (use this template to create your annual content calendar)
- Don't Build Your Business on Rented Social Media and Facebook Land
- 15 Tips to Build an Integrated Digital Platform that Works When You're Not Working! (episode 90)
- 7 Tips to Create More Discoverable Content
- 10 Stupid Social Marketing Tactics You Must Stop Now
- 10 Ways to Activate Your Audience (episode 124)
- 10 Ways to Monetize Your Blog & Digital Platform (episode 116)
- You Are the Media: 10 Reasons You Need a Blog (episode 111)
- Audience Analysis Worksheet