The purpose of Human Media isn't to treating people as machines that will obey to our actions check-in on Foursquare, doing a RT or tagging you on Facebook.
No, Human Media is born from human interactions that happen through the Social Web.
Human interactions are part of Human Media because it allows us to create online bridges - call it engagement if you wish - among businesses and people. This is what really makes possible a more human communication and starts the spark of light through resonance and attunement, it's something that you should do slowly, in an authentic way and with transparency. Remember that we're very good at recognizing honest signals, nut we're even better on recognizing the ones that not. ¿Why is so delicate this process? It is easy, because there're people at the other side of the spectrum.
We're not advocating that you should invent a complete new way to market, communicate and do business. No, it would be hard, heavy, painful aug inefficient, I suggest that you should benefit form the "interactive helping-points" that are already set up.
Guess what are the "interactive helping-points":
- Practices: PPC, SEO, SEM, SMM, SMO, SM.
- Areas: Web development, design management, Community innovation, Community leadership, tech-hunting, entrepreneurship, New Media.
- Platforms: Twitter, Foursquare, SCVNGR, Pinterest, Instagram Path, Get glue, Yelp, Stumble upon.
- Tools: Twisprout, Timely, Scoop.it, Badgeville, Let's luch, card munche, Skype, Flowtown, TrackUR.
- APPs: Boxcar, Evernote, Pulse, NetNews Wire, Live Share, Zite, G-Whizz, etc.
- Mediums: online - offline, extending the relationship-interaction communication to the real world and vice versa.
Human Media acts as an amplifier for all this aspects, it does so empowering human relations through interpersonal abilities and technological skills focused on how people is inspired and moved by human interactions, values, attitude and leadership.
Using Human Media
When you use Human Media, you're talking with people instead of software or technological devices. In other words, you're staying human. Something slightly different of what occurs on Social Media, usually focused on social platforms relevance and how it uses people, not the way round. It sounds weird, but it's just like that. As an example you only have to keep an eye on Facebook and rapidly you'll understand of what I'm talking about.
Everybody wants to be connected and emotionally "touched," we look for way to connect with what we want and who, even on the Internet.
Photo credit: Patents 4 life.