You've created the perfect marketing campaign. It's 100% in-tact and beautifully integrates social media, video and visual marketing. Now you're ready to take it to market and let the world know about it.
You know Facebook advertising is the perfect platform to help get the word out and reach your target audiences, so, you login to Facebook Ads Manager or Power Editor and spend the next hour setting up your campaign. You submit the ad for approval to Facebook, dreaming of the increased brand awareness, new leads and sales this new campaign's going to generate for you and your business. You head to dinner for a pre-celebration with a glass of wine.
Unfortunately, later that evening you get an email notification from Facebook informing you that your ad hasn't been approved. "What the heck!" you're thinking. "How could Facebook not approve our ad?" The email states that your promotion violates their policy. "What policy?"
Now you have to re-work your campaign, supporting visuals and maybe even some of the video, depending on what creative and social assets you've included in your marketing program - not exactly what you had planned for the next day or two, correct?
If this has ever happened to you, don't be too hard on yourself and go crawl under the "hide from social media forever rock." Instead, it's time you educate and empower yourself to better understand the Facebook advertising policies.
Yes, Facebook has what may seem like a ton of rules and guidelines if you are new to them, however, the truth is that as a marketer or business owner it's up to you understand the Facebook advertising policies and guidelines. Facebook's not going to force you to read the guidelines, they simply make the policies available to you - it's your responsibility to not only learn where they are, but to understand them.
If you don't take the time to understand the Facebook policies - particularly around on-platform advertising - it'll hurt your efforts over and over again in the future. It's obviously much better to be proactive and take the time to understand the details.
Take a listen to episode 210 of the Social Zoom Factor podcast to learn the the details around Facebook's various policies.
This Social Zoom Factor episode is part of a new series titled "Welcome to the Pay to Play World, Are You Ready?"
In this episode of The Social Zoom Factor:
- Clear explanation of the Facebook advertising policies
- Walk-through of the key highlights of the Facebook advertising policies
- Prohibited content - content that is prohibited from Facebook advertising
- Restricted content - content that is restricted from Facebook advertising
- Video advertising - guidelines, prohibited content and restrictions, entertainment and related restrictions
- Targeting guidelines and restrictions
- Positioning guidelines including relevancy, accuracy and landing pages
- Guidelines for lead advertising
- Use of the Facebook brand assets
- Data use restriction
- Facebook Advertising Policies
- Facebook Advertising: Difference Between Boosted Post and Other Advertising Options
- Facebook Advertising: 5 Foundations for Success (Episode 1 of the "Welcome to the Pay to Play World" series)
- How to Choose and Prioritize Social Media Goals and Objectives
- Audience Analysis Worksheet (worksheet to help you prioritize your niche and social marketing strategy)
- 8 Steps to Develop a Social Business Plan (white paper)
Free webinars: We are also launching a series of webinars and training opportunities to dig even deeper. Sign up here-> Social Profit Factor
How to Subscribe to Social Zoom Factor Podcast