Beverly Jackson leads the digital content marketing team at MGM Resorts International as Vice President, Social Media and Content Strategy. Prior to working for MGM Resorts International, she contributed to consistent double-digit growth of the GRAMMY Awards from 2009, including record-breaking broadcast, digital and social engagement numbers for the 54th GRAMMY Awards in 2012. Beverly is clearly a social business executive extraordinaire - she joined me on a recent edition of the Social Business Engine podcast.
In her current role, Beverly has refined their social media strategy to encompass the multiple brands under the MGM umbrella, many of which have their own social media accounts. The main goals of her new strategy are:
- To make sure each brand has its own unique voice and tone.
- To ensure people understand the connection between the various brands.
Full support from the C-Suite, broken down silos, and a vast creative team sets Beverly up for success in her position.
On episode 104 of the Social Business Engine podcast you'll hear how Beverly is leading the social business strategy at MGM Resorts International and learn about a few of their other recent social media success stories.
On This Episode of The Social Business Engine, You'll Discover...
- How the content strategy at MGM Resorts ties all the brands together even though each one has its own tone and voice.
- How Beverly has top-down support in her role and how they've broken down the silos for collaboration.
- Why Beverly says her team works like an internal agency and how they are prepared to react in real time.
- How MGM Resorts' Social Media and Content Center of Excellence allows Beverly's team to collaborate with other creatives in the organization.
- How the MGM Resorts team segments their audience and optimizes content for conference attendees and vacationers.
- How MGM Resorts always strives to tell the "experience story" to inspire, delight and entertain the guest.
Featured on This Episode
- MGM Resorts website
- MGM Resorts on Twitter and Instagram
- Add MGM Resorts on Snapchat
- Beverly Jackson on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Social Business Workshop for Business Development
- Bernie Borges on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Social Business Engine website
- Social Business Engine on Twitter: @sbengine
- Subscribe to the Social Business Engine show