If only 25% of inquiries are sales ready when they come through the door, what do you do with the other 75%?You nurture them, of course. According to Jon Miller at Marketo:If you don't nurture, you'll probably lose up to 90% of those inquiries who aren't ready to buy.
But, if you manage them correctly, you'll convert up to 50% of them into opportunities.Now that's a healthy incentive for better lead management!There's a new white paper out from Jeff Ogden that talks about demand generation and lead nurturing.
How to Find New Customers, helps you learn more about how to:Find new customers by driving demand for your products and services.Align your educational content to the way your customers actually buy.Turn your website into an educational hub.Leverage marketing automation to become a trusted advisor.Fill the sales pipeline by nuturing decision makers until they are ready.But that's not all. Jeff has also released a 25 minute companion podcast with Jon Miller to share the skinny on what works and what doesn't in lead nurturing. Considering that Marketo now serves over 200 customers since they launched their product about a year ago, he knows quite a bit about this subject.In the podcast, Jon talks about -the disastrous outcome of tossing inquiries (not qualified leads) to sales, 5 keys to lead nurturing, the stages of the nurturing process,how the Internet has changed relationships between buyers and sellers,and much more.Jeff is also interviewing a number of experts about related topics to help you see the big picture.
So far, the schedule for May includes:May 1 - Kent Huff from Bearcom with a demand generation case studyMay 13 - Jill Konrath on How to Get Into Big CompaniesMay 28 - Alan Majer on Triggering EventsJeff is generating some great FREE resources to help B2B marketers learn more about best practices for demand generation and lead management. Make sure to check them out.Download the EbookSee the Podcast Line-up and download Jeff's interview with Jon Miller.
Link to original post