How to Stay Motivated and Inspired in Your Social Media Efforts
Social media has become highly relevant for businesses in recent years. From multi-million corporations to home owned businesses, everyone is taking advantage of social media to improve their business and understand the habits of their customers. But, with the ever present noise on social media, it can be difficult for businesses to connect with all their customers. The lack of feedback or the excess of it can get overwhelming, so how do you stay motivated in your social media efforts? Let's have a look at some ways to do so.
Focus Your Social Media Channels
Today, a customer can easily give feedback to a brand through Twitter or Facebook instead of writing an email or a letter. But if you're present on every up and coming social network, it can get overwhelming for you, as well as your customers to connect with you.
Keep your social media strategy focused on the relevant social media networks like Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
How To Better Manage Facebook and Twitter
- Keep track of the keywords associated with your business niche
- Interact with customers who are talking about your business, even if to say a simple 'thanks!'
- Provide solutions to customer problems instantly or open a customer care ticket for them
- Take customer feedback once you've solved their problems
Build a Positive Social Media Reputation
If you're a business on social media, then you need to make all efforts possible to help people. Figure out what problems they're facing with your products or services, and solve those problems. Get their feedback and implement it in your product or service update cycle. When customers see that you're actively working on their feedback, you'll build a strong reputation on the social media scene. The word of mouth publicity from a customer can work better than any advertising.
How To to Build Your Online Reputation
- Track reviews of your business on review sites and work on suggestions given there
- Focus your social media posts on the developments in your chosen industry
- Maintain a record of savvy customers who can beta test your future products/services
- Give customers seasonal discounts or benefits for using your services or products
Have a Long Term Social Media Strategy
Making a lot of effort and seeing little results can be discouraging at times. But if you've got a long term social media strategy planned out, you can rest assured that you'll see positive results. Whether you're aiming for more followers on your Twitter account or more likes on your Facebook page, you need to have a plan on how to make it happen on a predetermined timeline. Every effort should focus towards your long term goal.
How To Stay on Track for Long Term Success
- Interact with people/businesses who share your goals and interests
- Attend business events and trade shows to keep abreast with the latest trends
- Analyze market trends and improve your products/services for customer benefit
- Research your competition and learn from their mistakes
Whether you want more sales, customer engagement, or awareness about your products or services, social media is the best way to go about it because you can directly engage with your customers.
What keeps you motivated and inspired in social media?
Follow Bernadette Coleman on Twitter