More from Media Magazine's 2008 Outlook Conference taking place now. Rishad Tobaccowala is speaking:
From The New Media is:
- Consolidated vs. scattered
- Authority moves to Authenticity
- Distribution vs. Content focus (choke points, like wireless model, will fail)
- Space vs. audience cost of click average is 56 cents ($560 vs. $20 cpm with broadcast)
New acquistion metrics: $300 per person for Facebook valuation vs. $12 per user for Oxygen
"Clients are angst ridden and promiscuous." Which is great when you start a new business in this environment
Platforms rule - marketplaces are networks.
Ad platforms provide arbitrage - we're witnessing the financial world and advertising converging.
"The six pack that makes us have stiff drinks":
- How do the new eonomics works? How to monetize and scale
- The balance betw relevance and privacy?
- How do the twin addictions of television and the web meld/
- Capitalist, distributor, editor vs. talent, technology tools?
- The new metrics?
- Content ownership and rights management?